2023 L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program – Information Technology – Undergraduate
At L'Oréal, whether you are an intern, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
The L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program is a paid, 11 week experience where you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of a team while also leading your own, individual strategic project to discover what it is truly like to develop a career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world. We are committed to giving our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders. At the end of the summer you will present your project to senior leadership for the opportunity to be considered for a full-time return offer into a Management Trainee program or a full-time role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Use your skills to surprise and delight the end user whether you have our consumer, our retail partner, or employee as your customer
- Fully own an individual project with strategic business impact at the intersection of business and technology that you will present to senior management
- Become familiar with L’Oréal’s enterprise-wide systems and provide process improvement recommendations
- Learn about how technology supports multiple functions across the organization (Digital, Supply Chain, Finance, Research & Innovation and Marketing)
Who You Are:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field of study with an expected graduation between December 2023 – July 2024
- Able to start working fulltime starting July 2024 upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Willing to relocate to any USA-based office that has a summer internship opportunity, including:
- New York, New York
- Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
- Stand Out Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a total GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work the entirety of the 11-week summer internship program in 2023
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This include part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Information Technology through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Skills Key to Success in IT:
- Ability to determine the optimal methodologies, models, and applications for data organization and analysis
- Skilled in building and improving the technology blueprint for our company to ensure we are best-in-class across our technology teams
- Knowledgeable in data protection, to be implemented in the protection of our customers, partners, and employees
- Self-Starter who excels at project management and knows how to communicate and collaborate with cross-functional partners to meet shared goals
- This is a paid internship opportunity. Housing assistance is provided on an individual basis based on eligibility per our L'Oréal Relocation Policy.
- The hourly rate range for students is $32.00 – $35.00 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location and education/degree earned.)
- Retail IT – Responsible for all Retail experience for all brands at L’Oreal
- Digital IT – Develops the Digital presence for all our products and brands
- Enterprise Infrastructure and Architecture - All connectivity, communication and technology needed for employees to operate effectively within the company
- Cyber Security – Assess all risk in the cyber space, to keep L’Oreal and their customers as secure as possible
- Strategy and Governance – Own all the budget, strategy, project management methodology that impacts the IT organization overall
- Business Applications – All eCommerce and other applications that support the revenue streams, manufacturing and supply chain operations of the company
- All interns will be paired with a mentor to help guide you through your internship
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings, your calendar will always be full!
- There are many perks to being a summer intern, but two standout ones are access to our company store that has steep discounts on L’Oréal products and our Summer Friday program – every Friday during your internship is a half day!
- Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration into L’Oréal’s full-time Information Technology Management Trainee Program upon graduation and is based on overall performance
Being a member of the L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one because in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation, too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 35 international brands – CeraVe, Kiehl’s, Maybelline, and Urban Decay to name just a few – we embrace diversity and inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and well-being in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things. You can explore our internship program and hear directly from our past interns at lorealoncampus.com.
Freedom to go beyond, that’s the beauty of L’Oréal - Are you ready?
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.