SkinCeuticals is the #1 Medical Aesthetics Brand in Canada. Recognized globally as the partner of choice with Physicians, we strive to continue as the leaders in innovation, business development and consumer recognition. Born from decades of skin cancer research that led to pivotal breakthroughs in antioxidants, our high potency formulas are concentrated in pure actives and proven to penetrate optimally into skin. Made in the USA, our clinical skincare is used by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and medi-spas for daily homecare and to complement aesthetic procedures.
The Business Development & Training Counselor (BDTC) is responsible for properly maintaining and
developing business in the direct sale of the SkinCeuticals skin care product line to Physicians and Skin
Care professionals by delivering assigned annual Financial Objectives. We seek an individual with high-level experience in medical detailing, a creative business growth driver, and a proven track record in sales achievement to manage the complexity & needs of clients and prospective clients.
• An existing network within the medical community is preferred.
• The territory will cover all Atlantic regions of Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island & Newfoundland & Labrador).
• Candidate must be willing to travel
• Knowledge of French is considered an asset.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Sales: Monthly, quarterly, and annual goal attainment is the primary focus, achieved through a combination of growing existing business coupled with opening new accounts.
• Achieve/exceed 100% to sales goals: FYE monthly, quarterly, and YTD.
• Meet/exceed new account targets for both number of openings and financial targets.
2. Account Development:
• Flawless execution of commercial and promotional marketing plans.
• Conduct local staff training & maintain core catalog
• New Product Launches to achieve minimum expectations set forth by corporate.
• Utilize marketing promotions & commercial offers.
• Collaborate with Business Development Manager for business planning and identification of potential Advanced Clinical Spas (ACS)
3. New Accounts:
• Create and generate a list of leads and focus on active leads on going.
• Utilize prospecting tracker and submit quarterly reports.
• Participate and complete all SkinCeutical Advanced Selling Skills modules.
• Implement Sales Model in day-to-day activities to drive sales.
5. Field Rides:
• Complete field coaching guide and stay in communication with Sales Leader
• Provide a clear agenda with objectives.
6. Territory Routing:
• Maintain and update a routing plan to maximize territory efficiency and impact including prospects while meeting frequency guidelines
7. Utilization of SalesForce across all indicators:
• Maintain up to date documentation of call type and call notes minimum weekly.
• Consistent support of local trade shows.
• Conduct local peer-to-peer dinners to drive existing and prospective business.
• Ensure account trainings conducted in a timely manner using existing resources.
• Attend mandatory webinars and tests to enhance knowledge
• Support National Education Programs – follow up with attendees post program.
9. Team Collaboration:
• Act as champion for teamwork and ensure quick communication of field intelligence.
• Demonstrate a high degree of emotional intelligence and be solution focused.
10. Manage T&E Budgets According to Plan:
• Managing budget for each quarter
11. Manage Car Stock According to Plan:
• Product support in line with revenue driven by accounts in each perform range.
• Must adhere to corporate car stock guidelines.
• Meet all administrative requirements within set timelines.
How to succeed in this role:
What makes a SkinCeuticals team member successful is the passion that we have behind the nature of the business and for the brand. Our team is driven by a true interest in commercial activities (prospecting, hunting, negotiating, business building) and we love the fight just as much as the win!
L'Oréal is an equal opportunity employer for all.