Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
If you’re a results-driven worker with a strong eye for business, then there’s no better experience than an industrial placement with the Commercial team at L'Oréal. We give you the responsibility you need to thrive and make a real difference during your time here.
Working in one of our National Accounts Teams, you’ll be given the responsibility to liaise with major clients such as Boots, ASOS or John Lewis to name a few, and help strike successful commercial deals to provide mutually beneficial business solutions. You’ll be communicating with external companies and making smart business decisions, while using your analytical skills to make perceptive judgements.
As the face of L’Oréal to our retailers, good communication is key! You will also use this skill to work closely with numerous other teams within L’Oréal such as Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance, further broadening your experience with us.
- Track and analyse sales figures, promotions and new product launches
- Support your team/account in tailoring new launches and maximising their success
- Identify new business opportunities
- Accurately forecast promotions and launch quantities
- Take on and manage your own projects, long and short term with the potential to present your findings to senior management
- Attend product launch events in collaboration with our retailers as the face of L’Oreal
- Assist our retailers on their social media platforms, working with the marketing teams to propose plans and implement them
- Regular in-store visits to track your brands, competitor activity and launches across all retailer
- Work with retailers on collaborative ideas to support growth in the account/brand.
- A results driven mentality with an ability to achieve set objectives
- A strong analytic background and the ability to study and interpret complex information to drive business decisions and highlight opportunities for growth
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Actively seek innovative business solutions and suggest new ideas
- Proactive individual, able to self-manage projects, adjust priorities and work under pressure
- Showcase a high level of autonomy to support your customers
- Promote a customer-centric attitude and ensure that you can balance and compliment the needs of the business with that of your accounts.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.