Art der Beschäftigung: Vollzeit
Ort: Piscataway, NJ
Land/Region: United States
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
To provide health and safety support to the Piscataway Manufacturing operations team. You will assist in developing, leading, and sustaining our continuous improvement culture, while collaborating with cross-functional leadership and team members to reach business objectives and operational goals using Lean and Six Sigma techniques. You will act as a continuous improvement leader to train, coach, and mentor team members and co-workers on a variety of skills – ranging from tactical improvement techniques to overall strategy – and you will collaborate with other sites and peers at a local/zone level.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
· Training and coordination of site First Responders
· Management of the Worker’s Compensation process, including case management
· Assist with reviewing and updating all written environmental, safety, and health programs
· Oversight of the site uniform contract
· Site industrial hygiene program (radiation safety, legionella, lighting, noise, dust, etc.)
· Various wellness initiatives (fitness challenges, education, StressLess Breath, etc.) and ergonomics
· Assist with leading L’Oreal for the Future initiatives and the green team
· Warehouse/Flows Safety (Forklift training and safety procedures)
· Assist with leading of the EHS training program including designing new training, tracking training, and performing training
· Ensuring EHS programs are in accordance with local, state, federal, and L’Oreal guidelines
· Assist with the investigation of accidents and near misses
· Participating in ISO and EHS auditing as needed
· Assist in the implementation of Behavioral Based Safety Program
What We Are Looking For:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health and Safety, Operations Management, or related field.
· 1-3 years of experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment (preferably with exposure to Lean and Six Sigma methodology).
· Experience in environmental programs, such as hazardous waste, ISO Standards and OSHA Compliance preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels, cross-functionally. Strong organizational skills and sound decision-making skills required.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures.
· Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime.
· Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
· Demonstrates professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
· Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What’s In It For You:
· Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
· Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
· Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
· Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
· Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
· Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on
this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected] If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.