We are experiencing the rising of health & wellness trends, which results in an accelerated interest in our category that merges health and beauty, the dermatological beauty category. We are therefore looking for new colleagues to embark on our journey of growth. Are you ready to take responsibility, learn from your peers? Are you passionate about dermatology and solutions to help improve patients’ quality of life? Then you might be just the talent we are looking for to strengthen our Danish Loreal Dermatological Beauty Divisions Medical Team in Zealand as Medical Representative.
As a Medical Representative you are the manager of your district! Your role is to build new and existing relationships with doctors, other Health Care Professionals, and stakeholders with an entrepreneurial mindset. In addition, you will influence and grow the share of recommendations of the LDB´s skin care products. L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty Division prides itself not only on the quality of their product, but on the quality of their people. To ensure your success, we provide solid ongoing training, professional marketing, education support and a comprehensive infrastructure to support your development. The role reports to the Nordic Head of Visits.
- Implement the medical visit strategy and follows medical the detailing strategy to reach the goals.
- Manage administrative and reporting tasks in addition to ensure up-to-date qualitative and quantitative data.
- Enhance the image and increases recommendation of the brands by emphasizing the technical and scientific characteristics of the products.
- Get to know the environment, the pathologies, the products, and the useful communication techniques to build qualitative relationships with the healthcare professionals.
- Analyze the sector and makes proposals for sectorial action plans to improve return of investment.
- Represent the brand with health care professionals
- You are familiar the healthcare structure of the field.
- You have experience working with health care professionals
- You have a solid healthcare background and have a business-oriented mindset
- You enjoy working in a team and show entrepreneurial spirit while still respecting processes
- You are structured and are comfortable using monitoring tools for CRM/CLM platform activity in addition to Excel
- You are social and able to communicate and build relationships
- You take initiatives. Master planning and preparation to carry out qualitative and quantitative meetings and report in CRM
- Driver's license is a must
- Fluent in Danish
We are looking for our new colleague to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion, or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, with L’Oréal Denmark counting for around 500 employees. We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. At L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty Division, we are not only proud of the quality of our products, but mostly on the quality of our people. To ensure your success, we provide solid ongoing training, professional marketing, education support and a comprehensive infrastructure to support your development.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 85,4K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 35 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 38,28 billion euros in 2022, and e-commerce accounted for 28% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the seventh time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2022, L’Oréal was for the 6th consecutive year recognized by the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for having successfully created an inclusive and equal work environment. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.