JOB TITLE: Director, Operations Labor Performance and Continuous Improvement
REPORTS TO: VP, Supply Chain
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Supply Chain
LOCATION: Onsite Distribution Center (McCalla, AL, Omaha, NE, Harrisburg, PA, Grand Rapids, MI) or St. Petersburg, FL (NOC)
The Director of Labor Performance and Continuous Improvement is responsible for developing, leading and sustaining the SalonCentric Physical Distribution network’s labor performance strategy and continuous improvement culture.
The Labor Performance aspect of this role requires labor model planning and stringent monitoring of site productivity while partnering with cross-functional leadership and team members to reach targeted business and operational goals. In the Labor Performance function, this role will implement effective organizational, procedural, and technical elements of labor planning, task allocation, skillset (training) management and productivity improvement. Critical success criteria are a significant uplift of productivity of direct labor in our operated DCs, demand/capacity matching resulting, efficient balancing of our Temp to Perm ratio, and upskilling of our workforce.
The Continuous Improvement aspect of this role also requires partnering with cross-functional leadership and team members to reach targeted business and operational goals. The expectation is to is to train, coach, and mentor team members and co-workers on a range of skills from tactical improvement techniques to overall strategy. This role collaborates with the Process Improvement PI team, who supports coaching, training and evaluating the entire network staff to drive culture of empowerment and capabilities. Responsible for developing and executing the network strategy for the long-term network vision in delivering the distribution network’s excellence results. Responsible for performance data analytics, dashboarding, and benchmarking in partnership with the Data team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- LMS lead: Process owner of LMS on all SalonCentric Operated site, they oversee implementing the appropriate mapping of Functions/activity for each site and to define, together with each Site leader, the appropriate Standard by activity and Target EP/OS/UTIL. They will also prepare all materials supporting Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Productivity Performance of each site.
- Labor Planning: Implement, deploy and refine Tool and Processes converting Business Drivers into Direct Labor Hours by sites (both DC and FC), by activity on a daily (coming 4 weeks), weekly (w5 to w12) and monthly (coming 12 months) visibility. Ensuring proper communication to all site leaders and 3PL.
- Budgeting and Trend: Support AVP Physical Distribution and Fulfillment Center and AVP Supply Chain Finance in building each component of Direct Labor Costs in Yearly Budget and Financial Trend.
- Learning: Train site leaders, Operations Managers and Supervisor on all topics related to labor performance management, labor planning and LMS.
- Change management: Build process of Site leadership team as regards to short term, mid-term and long-term labor performance and team development which will lead to accountability.
- Manages, executes and supports Continuous Improvement projects focusing on Labor, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Safety of the network.
- Determine financial impact of process improvements in partnership with the Finance team.
- Identify and lead network wide Continuous Improvement opportunities, define scope and project goals.
- Coordinates and/or executes specific skill training for management teams in cooperation with HR.
- Proactively collaborates with regional/network and local CI Managers from other networks across categories/countries to communicate the global benchmarking methodology. Supports regional/network CI Manager on benchmarking best practice database.
Key Qualifications + Skills:
- Able to combine assertive initiative with professional discipline and demeanor to accomplish difficult tasks through other people – demonstrated ability to lead without direct control.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and influence a wide array of personnel from network floor hourly employees to HQ management, and across supply chain functions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including experience in statistical analysis coupled with the ability to provide objective feedback and accurate root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the operational organization as well as collaborate with the central organization (COE)
- Value Stream Mapping with experience in documenting current state while identifying steps (future state) to get to ideal state.
- Strategic visionary constantly refining 3–5-year plan.
- Develop, maintain, and execute the parking lot of CI projects with Site Lead.
- Ensure efficient best practice sharing.