Job Title: Director Business Development PPD Brands, West
Division: Professional Products Division
*Candidate can also live within the following areas: Northern California & Pacific Northwest, Southern California, Central West & Midwest Plains, Upper Midwest
Reports To: VP of Sales & Education
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Do:
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for
- Increasing the top and bottom-line revenue stream of the PPD Brands by driving sales in SalonCentric stores and increasing market penetration in partnership with the VP Sales & Education. T
- Leading the development of the PPD Development Managers within their region.
- Partnering with the VP Sales & Education, AVP Business Development and AVP Education and Learning & Development on strategic initiatives with respect to brand positioning, in-store activations, product launches, promotions, internal/external customer education and digital initiatives. This role will partner and collaborate with SalonCentric business partners in order to strengthen the relationships of the PPD Brands with SalonCentric and our stylist community.
- Sales performance within their assigned Regions, developing Brand Strategies and championing of brand resources in order to gain incremental growth while identifying additional business opportunities for the PPD Brands.
- Fostering Omni-channel partnerships with the Street team and Field Sales Teams within their assigned Regions to ensure consistency with the PPD Brands across all channels.
- Creating a work environment which is open, honest, collaborative and accountable through clear, consistent and inclusive communication. They will be expected to influence teams and partners, values the differences and similarities of people, and promote a spirit of cooperation and shared responsibility by emphasizing that the efforts of work groups must be aligned with common goals to achieve desired results.
- Development and management of the Territory Development Managers within Region including Quarterly Connect Development Meetings, fuel management, identification of internal and external training needs, market analysis and support.
- Develop and foster relationships with SalonCentric Business partners, internal teams, Store teams and Brand teams. Advocate for the needs of our internal and external guests in regards to promotional recommendations, visual merchandising, marketing and initiatives at key meetings and events.
- Support AVP Business Development and team in identifying opportunities for brand growth, and advocate as they present them to marketing in planning sessions.
- Develop long-term measurable goals targeting sales and market penetration within their region. Collaborate with Business Development, Education and Learning & Development teams to develop and implement key brand resources to drive sales and education in stores.
- Collaborate with Business Development and PPD Education and L&D teams to develop and implement key Brand resources to drive sales and education in stores.
- Travel 2 weeks per month with team members within their respective regions.
What We Are Looking For:
- An undergraduate degree or commensurate professional experience is required
- 7+ years of experience leading, managing, training and motivating a large, high potential sales force with diverse skill sets in a remote setting with a demonstrated ability to communicate vision and execute strategy
- Extensive experience in sales/business development within a big box retail and/or chain model, preferably with beauty, professional salon products or retail background.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and respond to business changes and the competitive landscape within their region. Readily shifts roles and priorities to meet these changes and gain market share.
What’s In It For You:
Zone 1: $128,100-$182,500
Zone 2: $117,400-$167,300
Zone 3: $106,700- $152,100
- (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.