Job Title: Quality Engineer
FLSA status: Exempt
Division: Florence Manufacturing
Who we are:
COMPLEX CHALLENGES. DARING TEAMS
At L'Oréal Operations, our daring 19,500 employees worldwide create innovative, inclusive and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing and serving products and services all over the world.
Our Florence, Kentucky Manufacturing Plant produces approximately 250+ million units annually of your favorite L’Oreal brands. We are one of the largest producers of bulk within all of L’Oreal, specializing in hair and skin care products with over 700k sq feet of warehouse space across two buildings.
What we’ll do together
A Quality Engineer is responsible for coordinating and performing various activities pertaining to projects and quality validation activities throughout the site. These initiatives and validations will support the L’Oréal quality system, hygiene risk identification and elimination, regulatory requirements and drive continual improvement. This includes working closely with the laboratories and unit of productions to coordinate validation activities, perform risk assessments, engage mechanics, operators, processors, preweighers in the process, developing and training on quality related procedures and work instructions, promoting knowledge of the quality system throughout the plant, and assisting in quality related problem solving activities.
What your day will look like
- Perform various Quality Validation activities in support of Quality, Performance and Efficiency initiatives, e.g. Defect Detector Validations, PreWeigh Tare Validations, Hot Box Validations, Risk Assessments, SCOOP Validations, etc. This may include, preparing protocols, gathering data and analyzing, capabilities studies, statistical analysis, and preparation of reports.
- Participate in the implementation and roll out of various quality initiatives, e.g. SCOOP improvements, SPC, EtQ Modules of Calibration, Audit, Corrective Action, etc.
- Work with UPs in problem solving activities that resolve intra-department or inter-department quality related issues affecting the QMS, QA Initiatives and Validations.
- Support the UP Technical teams in the execution of IQ/OQ/PQ validation activities involving new equipment or relocating equipment.
- Participates in the preparation, review and approval of documentation.
- Participate in the preparation & delivery of training materials
- Ensure L’Oréal Quality Systems, ISO9001 and applicable regulatory quality standards are implemented, maintained and complied with by embedding said requirements into projects, documentation and training. Actively promote quality by being an advocate for the system and taking opportunities to coach employees on subject matter.
- Monitor and improve adherence to the Quality System requirements by quality presence throughout the site, e.g. Flows, Preweigh, Processing, Packaging, Labs. This includes observation, asking probing questions to determine depth of understanding, coaching on the how and whys and taking a lead on driving sustainable improvements.
- Participate in supplier & subcontractor certification by supporting QC laboratory through statistical reviews of results.
- Actively participate in various Audits of the Florence facility, i.e. ISO, FDA, DGO, etc. to include preparing the site in advance for these audits, participating during the audits and following through on corrective & preventive actions coming out of the audits.
- Participate in the MESUR process.
- Actively engaged in site Safety, Quality, Environmental & Efficiency initiatives.
- Works in compliance with ISO, FDA, GMPs & DGO requirements.
what you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline preferred;
- Minimum 0 – 3 years’ experience in Quality related discipline preferably in a manufacturing environment;
- Communicates effectively & respectfully, both orally and in writing, and able to build positive work relationships across departments;
- Conscientious, positive attitude, reliable, responsible and flexible;
- Be self-motivated and work independently as well as in a team setting;
- Organized and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to meet time commitments;
- Strong attention to detail and desire to follow procedures;
- Analytical approach to review of data and results;
- Open minded and thinks outside the box, looking for creative solutions;
- Demonstrate professional judgement and sound decision making skills and assess when escalation is appropriate;
- Proactive and analytical approach to problem solving;
- Continual improvement focus;
- Supportive of customer’s needs;
- Committed to leading by example, site support and influencing sustainable improvement;
- Computer Skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Statistical Analysis
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Basic computer practices using word processing and spreadsheets and other office equipment as required.
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and required to wear personal hearing protection devises in these areas;
- All employees are provided with and required to wear safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, and 100% cotton uniforms;
- Manipulation requirements: (Hands or Feet): This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in moving materials.
- Produce World Class Results through people engagement and teamwork.
- Selflessly develop others.
- Thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Demonstrate 100% accountability.
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA communication model with positivity.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Listen for understanding.
- Commitment to team decisions.
What’s In It For You
- Career growth
- People & Development Learning Catalog
- Competitive benefits package (vacation, PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension plan)
- Work from home policy (*may vary based on function)
- Summer Fridays (*may vary based on function)
- Employee discount and perks
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oréal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Learn about L’Oreal for the Future- our commitment to sustainability https://youtu.be/Dq_fFzUqwSY
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.