Head of Finance - Maybelline / Essie / NYX
Consumer Products Division (CPD)
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
We embrace and enhance emerging trends to create the most relevant and sustainable beauty products and experiences, making them accessible to each and everyone all around the world, thanks to the diversity of our brands and their communities.
Be responsible for providing the Finance Director with a full financial service, managing the financial aspects of the divisional plans, budgets and trends and liaising with the different business units as well as Divisional Financial Director and Corporate departments.
• Partner with FD to develop and deliver the divisional brand and customer portfolio and image, turnover, and full P&L in the UK & Ireland market
• Challenging the brand and commercial teams to ensure the divisional strategy is implemented and the division operates with the Frame set
• To be the Finance lead in transformational projects across the finance team
• Deliver effective Finance business partnering across all key business units in the division, as well as key finance stakeholders in the UKI teams and the Western Europe Zone team
• Ensure respect of UK and Group standards regarding legislation and group best practice
• Be the head value creator for the brand: boosting Gross Margin to a maximum, while serving our consumers needs
• Consolidate and co-ordinate the financial reporting for the division, anticipating any risks and escalating corrective measures and proposed solutions to the FD
• Provide financial data analysis and customer business plans to support the Corporate structure to drive the divisional strategy
• Lead, motivate & develop the Corporate finance team, providing regular support and development
• Degree Qualification in a relevant discipline
• The candidate should be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
• Previous relevant experience working within a strategic finance role in the FMCG sector or similar
• Outstanding rigour and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential as the role involves partnership and close liaison with key senior stakeholders
• Strategic thinking and planning skills – able to develop strategic business plans and ensure successful implementation
• Entrepreneurial – able to identify business development opportunities
• Strong leadership, communication, networking, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Highly organised with prioritisation skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Highly numerate – strong analytically and strong commercial acumen
• Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to confidently influence, persuade and inspire
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
• Flexibility for an international career is desired but not essential
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Every employee gets unlimited access to the world-leading online platforms like LinkedIn Learning, Coursera & TedTalk. Through the platforms like Coursera, you can gain qualifications from over 1000 universities around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.