Job Title Junior Associate, Talent Acquisition
Division: Human Resources
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal, Human Resources is an incubator of talent where we find, recruit, and develop brilliant minds around the world. We provide expertise on topics like organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, pay, HR advice, learning & development, well-being, and talent acquisition among others. Come join our dynamic team and help us elevate the employee journey!
What You Will Learn:
Come and be a part of the exciting and dynamic world of L'Oréal USA as a Junior Human Resources Associate! We are currently looking for a 6-month administrative associate to work with our Talent Acquisition team. This extraordinary paid opportunity requires a candidate which has graduated with a degree within the last 6-12 months and is able to work up to 40 hours per week in New York. This program will provide an opportunity to build a foundational knowledge in HR and learn the beauty industry. The qualified individual will be on front lines of the candidate experience, maintaining strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and HR teams. The HR Junior Associate will perform the below responsibilities, among others, in support of Talent Acquisition’s goals and objectives:
- Learn and begin to master skills associated with supporting a high volume, experienced hiring team including sourcing candidates in LinkedIn, SeekOut and other platforms.
- Coordinate and confirm the scheduling of all candidate interviews with Recruiter, Hiring Managers and their teams including but not limited to phone screens, technical phone interviews, assessment sessions or individual interviews, as required.
- Learn and master scheduling skills using Microsoft Office, TEAMS video and other tools.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience for all candidates interviewing with L’Oreal. Prepare company materials to share with candidates, ensure they have completed our online employment application; complete pre-employment process (i.e., background check and drug screenings), etc.
- Coordinate the travel plans as needed for out-of-town candidates and confirm cost effective yet convenient candidate travel (requesting travel profile creation, monitoring booking of flights, making hotel reservations, car service requests, etc.)
- Direct source talent for current and anticipated openings using Boolean searches, LinkedIn, Indeed, WayUp, our ATS and CRM systems and any other tools available
- Draft offer letters and send out all electronic offer packets containing potentially offer letters, drug screen, benefits and relocation information, agreements, if applicable.
- Manage all logistics for key recruitment events including but not limited to booking internal conference rooms and external venues, ordering and supervising catering, room setup / breakdown, shipping/receiving materials, etc.
- Manage requisition workflow steps for candidates in the ATS/CRM and update dashboards and reporting of recruiting metrics
- Work on special projects and participate in Talent Acquisition initiatives to advance our goals
What We Are Looking For:
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Previous internship or Co-op experience in an office setting environment is a must – prior HR or recruitment internship a plus
- Self-starter and capable of working under minimum supervision
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point required
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Work efficiently while remaining flexible to unforeseen changes in direction
- Flexibility to commute back and forth to NY/NJ L’Oreal facilities to attend meetings, events, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning skills and follow up skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to develop strong internal and external networks
- Enthusiastic team player, creative/innovative thinker with a passion for process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive data and information on a regular basis
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position. This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
- Bachelor’s Degree Awarded: $26.50/hour
- Master’s – 1st Year completed: $31.00/hour
- Master’s Degree Awarded: $32.25/hour
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.