Job Title Junior Marketing Associate – SkinCeuticals DMI
Location: New York
Reports To: Marketing Director, SkinCeuticals DMI
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
[Active Cosmetics Division] At L’Oréal Active Cosmetics, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Possay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals offering a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
What You Will Learn:
L’Oreal is offering a limited amount of 12-month internships on our global marketing teams to talented recent graduates. What we’re looking for is your perspective. Come prepared to defend your ideas and to challenge others’. Those selected for the internships will be:
• Persuasive, articulate, independent, dynamic, a self-starter;
• Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment;
• A creative strategist consumed by trends, new products, and advertising.
No previous business/product development experience necessary.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Social Listening and Competitive Research
- Keep up-to-date on the latest products, trends, and insights across platforms (social media, blog, print/digital magazines)
- Shop at competitors’ outlets and continuously compile information about competitive new launches, advertising, and formulas.
- Present competitive findings to team and/or brand managers.
- Product Ideation and Development
- Propose need gaps based on analysis of competitive landscape and trends that align with the brand identity
- Generate ideas and write creative concepts for new products
- Work with team to brainstorm product names
- Write and edit packaging copy that differentiates your brand and product in the market
- Manage new product formulations, including liaising with lab and consumer test center
- Prepare product samples throughout the development process
- Assist in preparation for team/brand meetings, including bi-yearly trends presentation to Global CEO John-Paul Agon.
- Provide administrative support to the team on an as-needed basis.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree – must have graduated within the past 12 months
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment and to multi-task
- Proactive, Ability to self-manage projects, High level of organization, ability to overcome obstacles
- Creative thinking – ability to ideate new animations, promotions
- Sensitivity to health and beauty
- Sense of aesthetics, attention to details and quality
- Brand métier – ability to discern brand appropriate activities/investments
- Basic business acumen, desire to better understand customer and sales dynamics
- Analytical proficiency and willingness to learn – how to analyze impact/effectiveness of investments, ROI
- Articulate, strong interpersonal skills, team oriented and personable
- Willingness & ability to own, follow up on and complete any administrative tasks
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $26.50/hr (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.