Key Account Manager
As Key Account Manager, you will be in charge of the following tasks for a top 3 customer within the Belgian customers:
The biggest part of the job is about developing and managing our brand portfolio in relation to our biggest clients. Your colleagues will rely on you to direct negotiations on key launches with them. On the other hand, you will be the retailer’s voices internally. Internally, we do call that “managing complexity”.
Together with your team, you will be looking at figures, making analysis and forecast of sales. In addition to that, you will be orchestrating and coaching other people in the company.
If you are the right match for the position, you have experience as Key Account Manager, where power brands are part of your every-day work. You have a master degree and understand the dynamics of the commercial work in a big international company.
- Independent management of your brand-customer mix in portfolio, with full responsibility for the P&L;
- Develop the short and long term Account strategy; propose prices and promotional levels in line with the Company objectives and ensure their follow-up;
- Close cooperation with both the Product and Trade Marketers + Cat Man in the context of the annual plans for your customers;
- Always consider improving market position and analyze the competitive situation;
- Are a natural born negotiator and take great ownership for creating strategies for your brands to make them succeed;
- Supporting Marketers in budget creation and marketing plans, as well as in delivering the short-term sales forecast based on thorough file knowledge and good customer contacts;
- Frequent, targeted contacts with the Field Manager and his team to optimize your achievements at the central also in terms of turnover and profitability;
- Actively monitor the evolution of trade / distribution and analyze their needs with regard to new products;
- You are part of the Belux Account team and you report to the Group Account Manager;
- Scope : TOP 3 retailer in Belgium (ex: Colruyt).
The successful applicant:
- Has a Master degree, preferably in an economic direction
- Is fluent in French, Dutch and English.
- Has a minimum of 5 years experience in FMCG / Retail (mandatory), of which a minimum of 3 years as Key Account Manager
- Sees a business opportunity in each situation; you are driven by winning and convincing, but not at any price.
- Is self-confident and an excellent negotiator.
- Is analytical and used to heavy data analysis and very experienced with Excel.
- Is creative, open for development and ready for changes.
- Is able to work with tight deadlines both externally and internally and is able to multitask, also in high pressure situations.
What we Offer
A challenging job in a dynamic company that approaches the market for the distribution of consumer goods through a unique commercial concept.
You can count on an attractive salary package and extra-legal benefits:
- Base Salary
- Commercial bonus
- Car & fuel card
- Net meal allowance / day