Communications & Advocacy Manager - SkinCeuticals - Mat Cover - ACD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Being part of the Active Cosmetics Division will give you direct influence in achieving our mission: to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin.
We’re the world leader in dermocosmetics, with international skincare brands recommended by health care professionals and distributed in healthcare outlets worldwide, including, pharmacies, drugstores, medi-spa and e-retailers.
Our portfolio is composed of 5 brands offering a range of skincare and haircare across the world; Vichy, CeraVe and La Roche-Posay being just a few. The products respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin: from dermatological and aesthetics skincare to natural solutions, from the most accessible ranges to the most premium ones.
The SkinCeuticals Communications & Advocacy Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Developing and implementing the UK & Ireland Communications strategy to increase coverage both B2C and B2B across press, influencers and healthcare professionals
• Managing external agencies to deliver disruptive, high-impact and medically-anchored activations as well as a best in class always-on press office
• Executing B2B2C strategy in partnership with the medical team to deliver thought leadership and authority coverage on important skin health topics
• Own relationship with spokespersons on behalf of SkinCeuticals
• Leverage and maximise SkinCeuticals’ exposure B2B through effective partnerships
• Anticipate crisis, identify issues related to the brand and support on reputation management, alongside the Head of Communications & Advocacy, global and Consumer Affairs & Engagement team
• Support the Head of Communications & Advocacy on corporate communication topics
• Establish ambitious targets for the brand across influencers, press & healthcare professionals, monitoring and cascading performance to the business
• Strategically manage the Communications budget to drive strong ROI aligned to brand targets
• Develop strong collaboration and synergy with internal & external stakeholders
• Actively keep updated with PR, social media platforms, content trends, audiences, and industry news, and inspire wider brand team
Alongside experience in a similar role and excellent leadership skills, you should be confident demonstrating the following:
You ARE - An Innovator and communicator -
• With a strong understanding of the media, influencer and medical landscape
• Passionate about skin health & dermatology
• Experienced in effectively negotiating partnerships with influencers, VIPs & Doctors
• Data-driven with an ROI obsession
• Able to demonstrate the ability to build relationships with all personality types
• Highly resourceful, flexible and able to solve problems
• Up to date with the latest trends & innovations across the social landscape
You HAVE - A Growth Mindset with -
• Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to drive collaboration with different teams across the business, as well as externally
• Proven relationships with key external stakeholders
• Excellent communications skills & relationships with influencers
• Strong analytical skills & proficient knowledge of excel, as well as social insights tools
• Confidence to think boldly and bring new ideas to the table
• Stays up to date with the market, consumers, competition and translates findings to positively impact the business
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Course credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.