When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Being part of the Active Cosmetics Division will give you direct influence in achieving our mission: to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin.
We’re the world leader in dermocosmetics, with international skincare brands recommended by health care professionals and distributed in healthcare outlets worldwide, including, pharmacies, drugstores, medi-spa and e-retailers.
Our portfolio is composed of 5 brands offering a range of skincare and haircare across the world; Vichy, CeraVe and La Roche-Posay being just a few. The products respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin: from dermatological and aesthetics skincare to natural solutions, from the most accessible ranges to the most premium ones.
As the Head of Medical Detailing you will define and implement the medical detailing strategy to increase recommendations by healthcare professionals, leading a national team of regional business managers and expanding team of medical field representatives across UKI.
Define the medical detailing strategy in line with Division / brand strategy
- Analyse prescription potential of targets and the competitive, medical and regulatory environment
- Define targets, their coverage and visit frequency
- Devise action plans, budgets, giveaways (promotional items and samples) and validates medical detailing tools, for each target, in conjunction with marketing & medical communications team
- Pilot performance based on criteria of prescriptions / recommendations and sales and analyses ROI.
Organises, drives and coaches the regional managers and medical representative community
- Defines field structure, ensuring optimal field team structure and size
- Defines individual KPIs for medical reps and regional business managers
- Builds leadership capability in regional managers
- Drives CONNECT conversations within the team – co-creating PDPs that suit individual aspirations
Guarantees the excellence and professionalisation of medical detailing
- Ensures field team has required digital tools and competences to engage with HCPs through all relevant channels (digital and face-to-face)
- Understands, implements and ensures the use of monitoring tools of VEEVA CRM/CLM platform activity
- Drives both initial and ongoing team training (environment, pathologies, products, communication techniques) and their assessment are carried out
- Works closely with other functions in medical and wider business, fostering synergies with brands and commercial teams
- Ensures training and respect of both internal and external ethical standards regarding relations with health professionals
Alongside experience in a similar role and excellent leadership skills, you should be confident demonstrating the following:
You ARE - An Innovator and communicator -
• With experience of second line Sales Management ideally within the Dermocosmetic, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical or Beauty industry.
• Knowledgeable in the Dermatology therapy area is desirable
• Experienced in effectively coaching teams made up of varying skills, ability, and knowledge.
• Able to drive results through people
• Able to demonstrate the ability to build relationships with all personality types
• Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems
• Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to drive collaboration between teams across the business
You HAVE - A Growth Mindset with -
• Strong line management and performance management skills.
• The ability to produce robust business cases and effective deployment of resource to meet needs.
• Ability to manage the regional budget and to maximise results from spend.
• Ideally - NHS stakeholder experience, a clear understanding of current policies on treating skin complaints
• Telemedicine / Telederm understanding and experience
• Stays up to date with the market, consumers, competition and translates findings to positively impact the business
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Course credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.