Media Manager, LDF Lifestyle and Niche – Luxe Division
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
If you join the L’Oréal Luxury Division, you’ll directly contribute to providing our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique for them.
Thanks to our strong, balanced, and complementary portfolio we are able to meet the needs of every consumer, at every price level.
Our portfolio makes up 26 brands of which 17 are global, including the highly aspirational and multi-expert ones such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent and Giorgio Armani. Our incredible strength comes from allowing us to win in any environment; the most important one being the teams, which are talented, diverse, committed, passionate in every region, country, department, and function.
- Build the media strategy for Lifestyle & Niche brands in collaboration with our media agency, identifying the best channels to reach our consumers
- Understand media buying and the different formats and types suitable for awareness, consideration, and conversion – being able to challenge the best use of our limited lifestyle and niche budgets
- Sharing media performance analytics and insights with the brand teams and optimizing the media mix as the campaigns are running with agility to ensure maximum ROI
- Drive performance marketing / optimization
- Understand the media landscape and new innovation opportunities i.e. automated creative
- Be capable of leading asset/content creation / Social copy writing and delivery. Working closely with marketing and PR, you will insure we have the best content for our media campaigns. Some will come directly from the brand, and some may be developed locally for UK relevancy.
- You will bring recommendation on best ways of challenging assets with zone and DMI to be the most audience relevant for our market.
- work with retailers that are new to luxe such as Amazon where media is a key channel. You will be responsible for ensuring that our strategy is adapted for success.
- You will not only have extensive knowledge of our competitor landscape but will be entrepreneurial in drawing ideas from outside the fragrance category.
- You will have examples of cross-functional collaboration, defining media activation plans by channel using customer and consumer insights.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all Lifestyle & Niche media plans are within Golden Rule guidelines, and collaborating with CDMO, Zone & Global colleagues in analysis and action planning against this.
- Share and learn from best practice on the country media tribe.
- Identify opportunities to drive media innovation.
EXPERIENCE IN A MEDIA PLANNING ROLE EITHER BRAND OR AGENCY SIDE. YOU SHOULD BE CONFIDENT DEMONSTRATING ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Strong collaboration skills both with internal teams (Marketing / Commercial) and external teams Zone / DMI / Agency.
- You have robust planning and organization skills – with the ability to re-priorities as required.
- You work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Strong experience in both digital and classical media planning / channels, with a good understanding of how activity is bought & sold across platforms.
- Proven knowledge of media strategies.
- Ability to influence stakeholders based on data driven decision making.
- Operate with discipline, tenacity, and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical assessment and interpretation of data/dashboards. You track the success of campaigns and initiatives so you can communicate clear performance metrics.
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure brand success and ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- The mindset to think differently and to challenge Norms. You push boundaries with a test and learn mindset.
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.