The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 36 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition is to win over consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Be a dynamic, energetic and resilient IT Project Manager able to demonstrate true leadership in the delivery of innovative projects in active partnership with our business teams. As a key member of the IT Business Applications team within the UK & Ireland Hub, the purpose of this role is to deliver projects across a range of technologies, in areas such as Customer Planning, Sales Force Management, Customer Relationship, Commercial Workflows, Employee Engagement and Management, Digital and Retail.
As a key hub for Pilot projects driving the continued growth of the L’Oréal brands, you can also expect to be spearheading the roll-out of exciting new initiatives in the UKI, working with EMEA and Global IT teams. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment on a broad portfolio of both local and international projects. It will also mean close, cooperative relationships with an active, collaborative business community to ensure that we maximize the benefit of new technology.
To fill this position, we are looking for a strong team-player with excellent interpersonal skills. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to achieve results, negotiate effectively, and communicate confidently with a wide range of people at all levels of the business. You should be able to lead a project team with enthusiasm. This is a role which encourages autonomy to truly own responsibility for high-profile initiatives while operating within a frame of support and mentoring.
Your key job accountabilities:
- Deliver on time, on cost, projects of the highest quality through effective planning and documentation, following established L’Oreal project methodology and governance
- Business expectations converted into signed-off requirements and that all projects are properly resourced by the business
- Excellent communication, including animating Steering Groups with key senior stakeholders via formal communications and informal networking
- Vendor Selection and Contracts Preparation
- Integration of new applications into the existing application landscape
- Coordinating testing and training completed by key users who will provide on-going business support
- Providing high-quality support to the key users and hence to the wider business community during and after the projects, including maintaining focus on Group norms and legal obligations, including data processing and IT security
- Manage the supplier relationship for project and business-as-usual activities, ensuring excellence in processes including escalation of support calls within the external and internal IT teams