L'Oreal USA - Dallas, Texas
Job Title: EHS and Facilities Manager
Function: Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Site Director
Leads the site-wide Safety, Health, Environmental and Facilities programs and focuses on the protection of persons, property and the environment. Promotes continual improvement processes for improving safety, health, environmental and facilities aspects (preventative, corrective and developmental actions) for the distribution operation. Exhibits strong teamwork, leadership and communication skills and possesses the ability to effectively manage change in a dynamic work environment. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the company’s equipment, building(s) and grounds that minimizes interruptions in operations and ensures employee safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Engineering is preferred or other bachelor’s degree along with certification as a CSP Certified Safety Professional
- 7 years of industrial experience with at least 5 years dealing directly with safety management
- 3-4 years of maintenance experience. Strong project management skills, space planning, and Facilities management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge – MS Office
- Obtain LOREAL forklift for supervision course
- Must be able to adjust work schedule as work demands dictate
- Travel: Approximately 15%
Judgment and Decision Making:
Act in a way consistent with all L’Oreal required policies and procedures that could pose a negative impact on the employee and or company.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders
- Must be able to work from heights
- Must pass hearing and vision requirements
- Sitting/Writing/Computer Work-35%
Annual Budget Responsibility: $ 500K - $1MM
*Consumable and CapEx combined
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the site Safety, Health, and Environmental programs and continuous improvement projects
- Oversees the site safety training program
- Trains and leads employees in risk assessment (SHAP), incident investigation and effective post-incident follow-up action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Oversees the L’Oreal contractor safety program including contractor approval using ISN, on-site intervention by External Contractors, Contractor Safety Program, Contractor Training Program, and Orientation, and Permit System. Routinely audits the compliance of contractors and contract givers using the Daily Prevention Plan.
- Manages contractor safety for new projects and changes at the site
- Maintains required paperwork such as OSHA 300, 300A and 301 forms to remain in compliance with federal and state law
- Ensures that OHSAS 18001 Certification requirements are met
- Responsible for month-end reporting to corporate
- Manages the site Facilities team of Mechanics
- Oversees the site maintenance programs including preventive maintenance programs for all machines and equipment necessary to the operation and facility to ensure a safe and efficient operation
- Oversees all safety validations for the facility and fire suppression systems (lights, fire extinguishers, sprinklers)
- Oversees/assures optimal functionality of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, exits, etc.)
- Oversees vendors (landscaping, janitorial, security services, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and maintenance staff)
- Develops operating & capital budgets for the department
- Recommends, justifies, develops, and coordinates projects that enhance the property
- Oversees the site asset list
- Acts as the primary site contact with the landlord as required
- Leads special projects as requested
- Manages the site Environmental programs including, storm water, waste management including hazardous waste, recycling, water, energy and sustainability projects
- Responsible for month-end reporting to corporate
- Responsible for all compliance reports with the state such as the annual hazardous waste report, registration, and Tier 2 reporting requirements
- Oversees the site security program, including site access control, alarm systems, and video surveillance
- Provides guidance to the on-site security guard team
1. Team Player - Ability to interact with all levels of the organization including contractors and visitors.
2. Technical problem solving
3. Ability to multi-task
4. Attention to detail
5. Interacts Effectively
Please Note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.