Art der Beschäftigung: Vollzeit
Ort: Piscataway, NJ
Land/Region: United States
Job Title – Packaging Operator
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Reports To: Packaging Supervisor
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
Works under the general direction of the Packaging Supervisor or other supervision as designated by the Employer, and coordinates the activities of Packaging Operator Trainee and trains such as needed, and where required, performs all job duties of said employees, is responsible for the total operation of all manual, semiautomatic and automatic packaging lines.
· Total operation of manual, semiautomatic and automatic packaging lines and powder presses including quality control, material procurement, line set up and adjustment of product within specifications, light preventative maintenance and communications as required to operate the line.
· When required, trains Packaging employees, observes work being performed to ensure that proper procedures are followed, cosigns pertinent records and maintains a smooth flow of production in the work area.
· Assists other packaging employees as needed or required.
· Assists in operation of the department with particular care toward GMP’s sanitization, quality control, safety, housekeeping, production control and L’Oréal operating procedures.
· May be required to attend training programs necessary to maintain the high standard of L’Oréal employees, whether in house or off the premises.
· Continual cooperation with management in the development and implementation of processes for improvement: e.g. quality, line and plant efficiency, housekeeping, etc.
· The changeover of a line, including sanitization of parts, to establish GMPs.
· Responsible for movement, documentation and supply of incoming components and bulk to the packaging lines and finished product and materials from the lines to the staging area.
· Responsible for all production and inventory controls including; ordering the next scheduled job, recording of inventory, personnel, production and inventory close-out transactions.
· Performs all duties of a Packaging Operator.
· The ongoing upkeep of the line including housekeeping.
· Informs supervision of irregularities.
· Performs all other work relative to Packaging as directed.
What We Are Looking For:
· Experience and knowledge of specific production/processing areas, machinery, and product items is required.
· Ability to work within a team environment.
· Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Must have knowledge of and be capable of working with all products including current and promotional products.
· Must be capable of lifting up to 30 pounds.
· Must be capable doing repeated bending, lifting and standing for long hours.
· Must communicate effectively in the English language (written and verbal).
· Must be able to work off shifts, including overtime.
· High School education or GED equivalency preferred.
What’s In It For You:
· Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
· Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
· Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
· Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
· Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected] If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.