Quality Analyst/Engineer - Assembly
Job: Quality Analyst/Engineer
Department: Display Assembly
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Reports to: AVP – Display Assembly
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Responsible for measurement systems to monitor key quality metrics including production quality, inventory quality, lot code traceability, and retailer violation program opportunities. Create measurement systems to ensure processes have been implemented and are being complied with during all stages of the display manufacturing and distribution process. Responsibility for monitoring divisional display assembly quality trends to ensure continuous improvement with established standards. This position will ensure quality is monitored and will help develop SOPs to ensure quality is maintained at each CPD internal and 3PL assembly site.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Reporting of Quality indicators to management with proper data trending analysis
- Analyzing retailer quality complaints and violations to identify actionable items that can be implemented to guarantee sustainable behavior changes
- Work with the Manufacturing Quality teams to ensure quality standards for aesthetics, labeling, and traceability are followed
- Ensure that proper nonconformance investigations are conducted and that root cause and sustainable CAPAs are implemented to prevent future occurrences
- Working with management to develop quality SOPs
- Work with display assembly management to develop and sustain daily, weekly, monthly, essential quality improvement efforts.
- Help grow the quality culture through presentations, training, awards, postings, product audits, and quality teams.
- Provide support and follow up with assembly management, as it relates to WIP product flow, inventory reconciliations, production quality and finished good lot code traceability.
- In collaboration with site quality personnel, conduct annual reviews of all lines/processes as well as any reviews needed due to changes in equipment.
- Collaborate with quality personnel and operational managers to implement Corrective Action procedure to reduce repeat occurrences of quality defects.
- Collaborate with quality personnel and operational managers to ensure changes in processes are included and updated in the Quality SOPs.
- Help develop internal and external (3PL) quality audits of production and warehouse areas, written reports of deficiencies, and follow-up to ensure completion of work.
- BS Degree in a Science, or Engineering field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Quality analysis role
- Ability to learn statistical processes and follow / influence Standard Operating Procedures
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, have good organizational skills and have the ability to work independently
- Requires ability for test design and interpretation of results
- Must have strong communication skills, presentation skills, writing skills, and excel skills
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, gloves and steel-toed shoes
- Share best practices throughout internal and 3PL display assembly network
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create measurement systems to provide key indicators of quality health across display assembly sites
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Ownership of quality systems and SOPs
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Results oriented
- Must be willing to travel overnight
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.