Job Title: Regional Director, Human Resources
Function: Omni Human Resources
Supervisor Title: Assistant Vice President, Omni HR
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of national stores, field sales force, sub-distribution network and eCommerce, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Human Resources Director, Omni HR is responsible for driving people and culture initiatives to positively impact individual and team performance, employee retention, and employee development for the eastern half of the country. This person delivers superior customer service using a high touch approach and frequent visibility with employees and leadership to create trust and build relationships, acting simultaneously as an employee advocate and business partner with leadership. Additionally responsible for management and oversight of employee relations, recruitment and retention, training and development, succession planning, and overall adherence to all federal and state employment practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Provide counsel, feedback and coaching on broad ranging issues including business operations, process and all employee related actions that enhance the individual growth and performance of respected region(s).
- Work strategically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes, and recommend solutions for HR related business issues. In partnership with the AVP of Human Resources, develop strategic solutions for improvement.
- Participate in leadership meetings as a business partner to identify employee impact (development, employee relations, performance management, talent management, etc), relating to business strategies.
- Provide advice and recommendations in all areas of Human Resources related programs, policies, and laws.
- Conduct and document investigations pertaining to unemployment, harassment, discrimination, etc in accordance with company guidelines as well as directives by company legal department, collaborate with Legal Counsel on issues where appropriate
- Coach field management through conflict management/resolution, discipline/corrective action, policy and procedures and labor law compliance
Recruitment, Talent Development and Succession Planning
- Responsible for driving recruitment strategy within the assigned region(s), specifically, understanding the retail and field sales environment and maintaining high standards for candidate selection on all managerial level candidates.
- Actively involved in all key management selections while insuring timely sourcing of top talent.
- Oversees recruitment timelines and ensures a sense of urgency for all vacancies within assigned region(s). Able perform all recruitment aspects to ensure timely placement of candidates as necessary.
- Provide consultation and support to field management on talent matters, sourcing needs and strategic placement of talent in a timely fashion.
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure successful on-boarding for new hires
- Manage, understand, and analyze employee turnover within assigned region(s). Recommend appropriate strategies and partner with AVP, Human Resources to impact employee turnover.
- Lead strategy to build capable, diverse, performing talent within assigned region(s) by owning talent management and succession planning processes in partnership with field leadership.
- Minimum BA/BS degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years diverse and progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity dealing with complex business and Human Resources issues (employee relations, coaching/counseling, change management, etc.). Human Resources Retail experience a plus.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including, Wage and Hour, LOA’s, EEO, ADA, workers compensation and others.
· Has demonstrated recruiting experience using multiple sourcing techniques and ability to seek out creative strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Proficient in Office 365 applications
- Experience with human resource information systems required, Experience with SuccessFactors, Avature and ADP a plus.
- Proven ability to develop strategic working relationships with leaders and act as a strategic partner on all people related decisions
- Proven experience in coaching, mentoring, training, and developing individuals and teams.
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to easily engage others within a training/development environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
- Must be able to remain stationary or sit for the majority of scheduled day.
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment throughout the day.
- Ability to use normal office equipment regularly (computer, printer etc)
- Ability to lift 10 LBS
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.