The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Corporate division for the position of Assistant Manager / Manager – Direct Tax. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the direct tax and transfer pricing compliances, assisting in Tax assessments and tax litigation for L’Oréal India. You will also act as a Business Partner to the Business teams has 4-6 years of professional experience, preferably with FMCG companies/ Big 4. The location of the job will be Mumbai.
- Preparation of Tax Audit Report and liaising with auditors to get the same audited
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing Audit Report and liaising with auditors to get the same audited
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing Study Report
- Preparation of Master File
- Preparation of Income Tax Return and Computation of Income and ensuring timely upload of the same
- Preparing workings for monthly TDS and TCS liabilities and ensuring timely payments
- Filing of quarterly TDS and TCS returns and emailing of certificates
- Assistance to Direct Tax Lead in managing assessments (income tax, transfer pricing, TDS, international tax) by collating data, filing accurate and timely responses to notices and appearing before tax officers where needed
- Filing of rectification applications, application of Order Giving Effect, refund follow ups, responses to notices issued under Section 133(6), etc.
- Assistance in preparation and filing of DRP appeals and appearing before DRP
- Assistance in preparation and filing of ITAT appeals and briefing senior counsels for the same
- Preparation of advance tax computation, tax provision working for computation of current tax and deferred tax liabilities
- Support in preparing workings for Group Tax Reporting and tax digitization / automation projects
- Filing of Form 15CA on monthly basis for foreign remittances in compliance with Income-tax Act and DTAAs
- Suggesting / modifying tax clauses in agreements, as and when required
- Advising on routine TDS and withholding tax queries of Divisions, Business teams from time to time
- Ensuring timely and accurate compliances following due processes under the law
- Responding to all notices received on income tax portal
- Assistance in minimizing tax risk and litigation for the Group
- Simplify processes and suggest initiatives for tax digitization / automation
- Adherence to Group Tax Charter and internal control policies
- Excellent knowledge of Income-tax Act, 1961
- Excellent verbal and written communication and drafting skills
- Must be able to liaise and build good rapport with tax officers and auditors
- Co-ordination and liaising with consultants, counsels and advisors
- Must have good understanding of Indian FMCG commercial working environment
- Should have high level of accuracy and must respect timelines
- Working knowledge of SAP and business tools
- Act as a enabler and be solution oriented
- End to end understanding
- Agility and adaptability
- Act as a business partner
- Must be able to act within a quick response time and course correct where needed
Key Relationships and Stakeholders:
- Income Tax Department
- Advisors and Consultants
- Accounting Team
- Corporate Finance and Treasury
- Corporate Legal
- Division Controllers
- Commercial Controllers
- SAP team
- Group and Zone Tax
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
- Travel will be need based
- Chartered Accountant (mandatory)
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.