Job Summary: Lead the Science of Formulation team to provide technical expertise, ensuring formula robustness and scientific problem-solving skills on all the technologies within the Make up Métier. Transversally working with all the Make up labs to secure product launches.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITES
As part of the strategy in risk management in the development of Cosmetic Metiers, he / she will be in charge of supporting the US Make up Development laboratory:
- The increase of scientific and technical expertise, through the support of laboratories in problem solving, the communication of the elements necessary for an understanding or trainings (among others).
- The robustness of formulas, through a risk analysis by establishing the required physicochemical characterizations, identifying the most suitable methods and developing and validating the proper protocols.
- Problem-solving, from lab scale to scale-up, in collaboration with all partner experts (Pilot, Industry, expert laboratories …).
PREFERRED KEY EXPERIENCES
- A solid background in chemistry or physical chemistry, a PhD in physical chemistry of dispersed systems and / or a relevant science is required.
- Very good knowledge of physicochemical and mechanical characterization tools.
- Experience in the field of applied physicochemistry and / or cosmetics would be a plus.
- In parallel with this required scientific background, the candidate will have to interact with laboratories US and France and in the R & I hubs, and must have a good command of English, and have demonstrated communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated team player and demonstrate ethical values.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues inside the Métier.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.