Position Title: Senior Regulatory Scientist II
Location: Clark, NJ
This position is responsible for providing regulatory support to Research and Innovation laboratories, product development, etc. to perform regulatory assessments. The position also conducts regulatory assessments and critical analysis for new regulatory requirements/proposal though collaboration with internal Safety, Regulatory and Claims (SRC) group(s) and our worldwide SRC partners.
- Review raw materials and formulations to ensure compliance with global regulatory standards
- Provide advice to labs and product development teams and give guidance on potential regulatory compliance issues
- Assist in the preparation and review and dissemination of regulatory compliance documents.
- Respond to inquiries regarding ingredients, formulations, regulatory issues and associated requirements.
- Manage regional projects and be able to collaborate with countries and to set up priorities
- Monitor new regulations, evaluate impact to L’Oreal business and lead on next steps
- Provide training as needed to internal teams and working groups
- Collaborate with worldwide network as needed, including early morning/late meetings
- Bachelors level degree in Science or related field. Strong working knowledge of chemistry is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cosmetic/OTC regulatory. 7+ is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of international chemical, cosmetics and OTC regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact successfully with all levels of personnel within R&I and with other divisions and departments.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills is required.
- Must be able to work independently to research solutions
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.