Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
As the Sr. Manager Cell Lead you are responsible for overseeing the end-to-end execution and the implementation of recovery strategies for the Active Cosmetics Division (ACD) as it relates to the products managed by the Open Manufacturing team. In this capacity, you will have the unique opportunity to serve as the key point for escalation for the Active Cosmetics divisional team while also interfacing with our virtual manufacturing partners. You will have both the Launch and the Master Scheduling (MPS) functions report into them as well as a matrixed responsibility of the Category team as it relates to the health of the ACD catalog. This results in exciting end-to-end ownership of the division within Open Manufacturing and the ability to engage and lead all teams to solve for operational bottlenecks. You will be responsible for engaging key stakeholders to problem-solve and have influence across the organization to ensure the business needs are met. The ACD Lead will report into the head of the Open Manufacturing Business Cell and will serve on the Business Team’s Leadership team—driving Open Manufacturing planning excellence and harmonization for Launch and MPS. This leadership role offers substantive career development experience and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
What You Will Learn:
- Serve as the Active Cosmetics Lead within the OMA business cell & the primary representative of the division within OMA
- Manage a subset of the cruising and/or launch catalog for the Active Cosmetics Division (ACD)
- Interface with ACD VP and contribute as a member of divisional Leadership meetings
- Ensure the 12-month rolling production plan built by the team is in collaboration with GBSC teams and CM planning, assist in allocating medium to long-term capacity of the plant, and ensure the production plan is feasible. Also, alert GBSC teams in case of risk of nonrealization.
- Analyze the production plan validated compared to M-1, Budget & Trends. Report the data and reasoning behind trends to senior leadership and finance.
- Serve as primary point of escalation for launch & master planners for all hot topics and service risk items for the end-to-end ACD catalog as well as divisional partners (GBSC, Development, Sourcing etc.)
- Attend Supply Review meetings with Global Brand Supply Chain leadership and DO’s
- Lead the preparation of content for the Supply Review with the Global Brand Supply Chain team – highlighting mid to long term risks
- Responsible for communication of Excess and Obsolete for the Active Cosmetics Division; align on chargebacks, align on reason for E&O accrual
- Facilitation of the launch to basic transfer for SKUs in the Active Cosmetics Division
- Escalate Contract Manufacturer facing risks to Category Cell Leads & Category Head & determine critical next steps
- Continuously drive strategic initiatives for the team to own and execute with the Category team
- Guide the team in defining ways to improve recovery on top service offenders, identify areas of opportunity and employ creative solutions to resolve operational bottlenecks.
- Work with other divisional leads to drive planning best practices and projects for the Business Cell (encompassing launch & MPS projects)
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain discipline required
- 7 + years management experience in a high-performance manufacturing facility or supply planning - cosmetics industry preferred
- SAP experience / APO Planning preferred
- Advanced Excel required (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, analysis of large datasets etc.)
- Must have strong written/verbal and communication and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously; manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Proven ability to develop short and long-range plans that meet established objectives and contribute to the overall goals and mission of the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to consolidate, present information and interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels.
- Previous people management preferred
Leadership Behaviors and Competencies Required:
We lead this way to empower everyone to contribute to our mission of Beauty for All
- Lead with: Trust, Respect, Inspiration, Collaboration Clarity and Courage
- Innovator: Ability to demonstrate curiosity and challenge the status quo
- Strategist: Ability to build a shared vision and strategic frame
- Entrepreneur: Take initiative with courage and transparency
- Integrator: Listens and communicates effectively, networks
- People Developer: takes charge of own development and fosters learning
Technical / Professional
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices, and dealing with internal/external customers
- Must have strong analytical skills / Excel skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to interface with ALL plant and corporate personnel
- Ability to manage change, provide program management, and achieve results
- Ability to track production to plan
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L'Oreal Operations, click here.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.