The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
Our goal is simple: to offer you valuable professional experience and help you get a better idea of who we are.
How do apprenticeships work?
Apprenticeships in the UK business offer you the chance to work on a real live project that allows you to focus on a particular discipline whilst gaining an insight into our overall business. You can expect to make a real contribution to the day-to-day operations of your team.
What are the objectives of your apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is your opportunity to understand our company culture and our way of functioning. You can immerse yourself in a project and a profession and it is your chance to see how you feel about L’Oréal as a potential employer while you gain valuable professional experience.
We will train you to become a multi skilled member of the team responsible for all aspects of the Credit relating to sales ledger, including credit control, sales ledger maintenance, query resolution and the day to day management of the accounts.
You will report to one of the Credit Managers within the Shared Services Credit Management Team. This position involves regular liaison with our Commercial teams, Customer Care teams, Customer Supply Chain, Operations Team and Finance controllers.
What will I be doing?
- Advocate the Environment, Health and Safety initiatives within your team and in close liaison with the wider department and EHS function;
- Perform the daily credit management tasks in accordance with company policy on releasing credit held orders and stopping accounts, managing customer deductions and communicating with customers;
- Ensure chasing of all outstanding debts including the raising of debt chasing letters, statements and telephone chasing;
- Drive down overdue debts in line with targets set;
- Allocation of incoming payments accurately and within defined timescales. Investigating any unallocated payments; liaising with customers for confirmation;
- Perform administrative tasks within a defined time scale, which will include responding to correspondence appertaining to the account, ensuring credits/debits and uplifts have been carried out accordingly;
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer records on SAP ensuring all transactions are correctly recorded against the relevant account;
- Maintain a well ordered filing system for on-going work and ensure safe custody of all relevant documentation;
- Be an active member of the credit management team supporting colleagues where required.
- Carry out such ad hoc work as may be required to ensure all functions for the department are performed in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Resolve queries in an efficient and timely manner and escalating where necessary
- Business Analysis skills: Evidence of strong skills to understand business requirements and translate them into functional specifications. The ability to work accurately and quickly under time pressure;
- Have a proactive attitude and strong attention to detail and a meticulous approach to all tasks;
- Successful experience of managing multiple tasks: Evidence of managing and prioritizing tasks and small projects with methodology to reach demanding deadlines;
- Exceptional communication skills are a necessity. Effective verbal and written communication is extremely important;
- Effective interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite. This role requires the individual to develop close working relationships quickly;
- Process driven: The successful individual must be able to work within strict guidelines and have excellent attention to detail.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share, product discounts and a competitive salary.
- Working with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- Excellent career progression. When you achieve your goals, you can expect your career to progress to other roles either locally within a UKI Distribution Centre, in London, or internationally.