Función del empleo: Finance & Controlling
Tipo de puesto: Internship
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
6-month Internship | From March to August 2021 | Paris area | Master | Between 1250€ - 1550€ monthly based on study level
L’Oréal in a nutshell:
Our position: No. 1 - L’Oréal is the the leader worldwide in the cosmetics industry
Our turnover: 26,9 Billion Euros of consolidated turnover
Our reach: we are present in 150 countries
Our strength: 86,000 passionate employees and 36 international brands
Our commitment: Global environment leader with triple A score in climate change, water security and forests (given by the CDP)
Our 36 International brands are looking for courageous minds, challenging innovators and strategic out-of the-box thinkers.
Discover L’Oréal’s Venture Capital Fund
In 2018 L’Oréal launched BOLD (Business Opportunities for L'Oréal Development), a corporate venture capital fund that takes minority stakes in innovative startups with high growth potential. The fund invests in new business models in marketing, R&I, digital, retail, communication, supply chain and packaging and supports the startups with L'Oréal's expertise, networking and mentorship.
This launch builds on L'Oréal's open innovation strategy that deeply connects the Group to a global ecosystem of agile, innovative startups and includes partnerships with Founders Factory, Partech International Ventures, Station F and Raise Ventures.
Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of L'Oréal, said: "As the beauty leader, it is our mission to empower young entrepreneurs in our industry by helping them to turn their vision into scalable businesses. The creation of our own corporate venture fund is a logical step that completes our existing partnerships with funds and incubators and will allow L'Oréal to invest in promising beauty concepts at an early stage."
Laurent Schmitt, President of BOLD Business Opportunities for L'Oréal Development, said: "With the creation of our own corporate venture fund, we will share our expertise, networking and mentorship and provide financial support to promising startups, while preserving their autonomy. The fund strengthens our open innovation strategy of connecting L'Oréal's expertise with an ecosystem of enthusiastic entrepreneurs in the beauty sector to address together new consumer needs and aspirations in our industry."
So what does your job look like?
With a double reporting to the Head of Business Development and the Chief Investment Officer, with the support of a strong integration program, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
On the Business development part:
- Competitive market analysis for different axes for potential investments (research, selection, analysis, preparation of presentations)
- Assistance in pro-active sourcing of new opportunities
- Interactions with startups, funds and internal contacts to obtain/share information
- Preparation of final strategic presentations of the potential investments
On the Execution part:
o Contribution to the follow-up of the deal flow and of the portfolio companies (startups and investment funds)
o Assistance in the execution of investments (modeling, valuation, due diligence, structuring, preparation of closing)
o Assistance on the redesign, improvement and automation of the process
MUST-HAVES prior to move forward:
· Master II level (Business or Engineering School)
· Advanced Office skills
· Passion for the startup world and Beautytech innovations
· Fluent in English
· Analytical mindset and capacity to synthetize information
· Solid technical and financial skills
· Good interpersonal skills and team player
· A first experience in a start-up is a plus!
· Monthly Salary : 1.250€ (for Master 1), 1.400€ (for Master 2 w/ 6-month internship experience), 1.550€ (for MBA)
· Unlimited access to the L’Oréal “MyLearning Platform” to boost your competencies development
· VIP access to the internal L'Oréal online shop to buy and test our products
You are Inspired? Great, here are now the next steps of our recruitment process
1°/ After applying to the offer by filling your CV information:
2°/ If your CV is selected, you will be invited to interviews with the team.