Do you want to have an exciting and diverse student job in an international and dynamic working environment? Do you want to be challenged and developed within your area of expertise? Are you ready to challenge the status quo and think out of the box? Then you might be just the talent we are looking for to strengthen our PR team as the Student Assistant at our Helsinki Office.
As PR Student Assistant, your role is to support the Finnish PR Manager in daily operational tasks. The position will play an important role as part of our PR team in helping us portray our brands NYX Professional Makeup, Garnier, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline and Essie in the best way possible to the press and influencers. Moreover, you will gain valuable experience working in a fast-paced international business. The role reports to the Finnish PR Manager and party to Social Brand Managers. The job is part-time and we estimate weekly hours to be 15-20 hours.
Your key job accountabilities:
- Coordination and execution of press and influencer send-outs/product seedings + follow-up
- Coordination and execution of events
- Preparation of press-releases
- Preparation of presentations for internal and external meetings
- Preparation of reports
- Media & influencer monitoring (including trend reporting)
- Profile scouting of new influencers
- Gather information about what the competitors are doing locally on social platforms and share it proactively with the brand teams on a continuous basis
- Be in contact with press and influencers
- Preferably on your Bachelor's Degree or in the beginning of your Master’s Degree
- You are fluent in Finnish, and have excellent communication skills in English
- You have strong organization skills: ability to coordinate, plan, sense of priority, and good time management
- You are a strong copywriter with a creative mindset
- You are focused on quality and pay attention to detail
- You are motivated by challenges and have a proactive and open-minded approach to both people and projects
- You like to familiarize yourself with new things and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the beauty industry's influencers and journalists is an advantage
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. The employment is fixed term (15-20h per week) of 12 months with the possibility of extending the contract. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges, and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalog of training and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting 500 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 85,4K employees across 150 countries on five continents and have a unique international portfolio of 35 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 38,28 billion euros in 2022, and e-commerce accounted for 28% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As the market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always has a big impact. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World’s most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the seventh time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water, and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2022, L’Oréal was for the 6th consecutive year recognized by the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for having successfully created an inclusive and equal work environment. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.