Assistant Vice President, Consumer Activation
Hudson Yards, New York NY
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Consumer Activation is our brand’s lead consumer strategist tasked with diving into all facets of consumer data to synthetize learnings and create the optimal go-to-market strategy. This marketing leader work across all sales channels and all product categories to drive consumer-centric thinking across the organization. This individual will be accountable for ensuring continuity and brand cohesiveness for all consumer touchpoints and advocate for best practices on existing platforms.
The Consumer Activation Lead will lead a data-driven approach across the entire brand organization, ensuring that all major stakeholders understand the synthesized data points we’ve gathered on our consumer as well as how to best activate on these. They will bring the leadership team recommendations regarding holistic campaign and channel strategies, tactic shifts, and much more. We are looking for a consumer-focused, analytical marketing professional who is a skilled communicator across a large organization and has a proven track record of working cross functionally. This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables to support the development of customer-centric programs that drive profitable, long-term relationships
- Responsible for leading the overall go-to-market consumer and channel strategy for the brand as well as partner with channel-specific strategies for DTC and key retailers, utilizing all available data points.
- Owner of the brand’s Wavemaker relationship (media agency), accountable for brand message consistency and cohesion across all consumer touch points (axes, franchises, channels and mediums). The individual will brief the agency on brand/channel strategies to inform 1H and 2H media planning, constantly keeping in mind the consumer and business objectives.
- Blend brand marketing with direct marketing principles to deliver enhanced solutions and/or new recommendations to build the customer experience with line-of-site toward quantifying and improving ROI. Maximize all opportunities to cross-reference and merge learnings from multiple data sources, (i.e., CRM database and Retailer databases) to create multi-channel strategies.
- Translate consumer insights into activation strategies
- Bring media and campaign recommendations to head of marketing on shifts, based on performance reporting and consumer-focused data from internal and external sources (CMI reporting, retailer consumer reports)
- Partner with head of sales to align on retailer objectives, and ensure proper marketing budgets to support goals.
- Communicate high level budget changes to Wavemaker Media Agency as it affects media plans, with support from media leads.
- Leader of innovative pilots to best reach our consumer in new ways in a dynamic market.
This individual will work closely with the Product Marketing team, Sales, the consumer data activation lead, the direct-to consumer site lead, and the Brand Engagement team. This individual will collaborate with these stakeholders to drive data driven programs and initiatives. They will work to support strategic brand objectives, launches, and activities; responsible for increasing consumer touchpoints, market share, discoverability & media performance.
- College Degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in relevant areas (strategy, business development, growth, brand management, etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills and experience upskilling teams on synthesizing multiple data sources to drive business actions.
- Experience with digital media, marketing and services.
- Strong project/team management and communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Dynamic, creative leader and self-starter with the ability to foster collaboration across teams and build a vision for the brand.
- Lead team of individuals applying brand strategy across several channels, with a consumer-first approach.
- Demonstrated strength in communication with an ability to motivate and influence across the organization cross-functionally.
- Proven change agent.
- Experiencing with managing vendor relationships, including but not limited to budgeting, briefing
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, strong application skills of ideas to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. We are looking for a change agent that can naturally connect dots across the organization to capture strong results for the brand. This role requires constant interaction across a matrixed business structure (Marketing, Ecommerce, GM, CMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. As a result, this individual must effectively build networks and become the in-house expert on the brand’s consumer mindset to help influence, convince, and introduce new ways of marketing. We are looking for a dynamic, creative leader and self-starter to build a vision for the brand. This position will require moderate supervision to maintain a proper corporate direction.
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR