In partnership with VP, this position creates and oversees the implementation of Global Communication strategy, brand and philanthropic programming for Kiehl’s 57+ markets worldwide. Strategies developed must meet the following criteria: increase awareness of Kiehl’s amongst consumers, amplify relevance and engagement with Kiehl’s in the digital space and drive traffic to retail (where applicable).
In addition, this role oversees: Kiehl’s global events with a special focus on the brand’s annual World of Kiehl’s, sourcing trips and Fall symposiums; the hands-on support of Kiehl’s global PR and Integrated Communications teams, including strategic guidance and brainstorming, launch asset and content creation (press materials, eventing ideas, creative mailer ideas, videos), managing market requests, providing launch guidelines and offering individual, tailored recommendations to help further the performance of our communications teams around the world.
- 8 years+ of Communications experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
- The ideal candidate will have been working in a “Digital First” communications and Social Media environment and has experience building digital awareness initiatives.
- Experience in the beauty industry and international expertise is a plus.
- Strategic, creative thinking, fluency across digital platforms, impeccable organizational skills, a talent for relationship building and strong writing skills are essential.
- The candidate must have a personal capacity to communicate clearly, concisely and directly.
- This role is accountable for building strong partnerships cross functionally at Kiehl’s as well as directly with global markets and with key stakeholders.
Judgment and Decision Making
High-level decision-making skills are required for this position, as it is important that the candidate be able to display a confidence in discerning the correct opportunities for the Kiehl’s brand, executing those opportunities flawlessly based on solid judgment, maturity and intuition. Communications is leading business driver for Kiehl’s, which makes the ability to work cross-functionally as a key strategic partner imperative.
- Achieves results with integrity (energy, engagement, sets priorities, meets deadlines and anticipates, demonstrates commitment, tenacity and resilience. Reacts in a constructive manner when faced with unexpected or unclear situations. Adjusts priorities and actions rapidly when appropriate, reacts to the latest data.)
- Manages complexity and Problem Solving (develop a knowledge of the department, company& organization goals, integrates key learnings, takes into account other department’s needs, finds solutions and decodes the organizational culture. Builds action plans in a structured and organized way and makes proposals to improve work efficiency. Takes actions to create value and contain costs. Develops concrete views on strategic issues. Simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements.)
- Displays sensitivity to the Metier (focuses on quality, learns about the business drivers and the purpose of excellence, demonstrates product knowledge)
- Entrepreneur (takes initiative, drives contribution to achieve customer satisfaction, strives to improve performance. Demonstrates autonomy, identifies programs and implements adapted solutions, escalates information/problems in a timely manner and demonstrates resourcefulness. )
- Interacts Effectively (takes into account other points of view, communicates clearly and adapts to the audience, presents confidently and convinces others and actively networks)
- Acts and Leads with human sensitivity (enriches team dynamics, contributes to team spirit, develops others, demonstrates respect. Listens and interacts with equal respect to all levels, functions and business partners).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.