PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS DIVISION
Job Description Form
Section 1: (General Information)
Job Title: Assistant Vice President, Marketing US
Brands: Pureology, Mizani, L’Oreal Technique
Function: Marketing (Operational)
Supervisor Title: General Manager
Location: Hudson Yards
Section 2: Job Summary (limit your description to one paragraph)
The Assistant Vice President of Marketing is responsible for the continued health and growth of the business in all channels. The AVP has overall responsibility for achieving the annual budget, growth and profit for all 3 brands. The AVP is responsible for management of the Marketing team, including employee development, structure and succession planning. The AVP will work collaboratively with other senior functional heads to build a broader business strategy. The AVP will manage the entire Marketing financial process, own and contribute to broader P&L, sales targets and profitability of the business. The AVP will interface with cross-functional teams such as: consumer insights, R&I, claims, legal, technical packaging, development, education, communications, creative, finance, demand planning, supply chain, business development, sales, retail partners, DMI, and Executive Management.
Section 3: Job Requirements: (Typical years of experience, skills, certification and academic background to perform this job)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business related function required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years progressively responsible experience successfully guiding strategic marketing, branding, and product management within consumer goods businesses.
- Curiosity and innovative thinking with the consumer always at the center.
- Digital communication fluency and new platform affinity. Interest in DDX and the power of the Online + Offline channel experience & cross over.
- Exceptional financial acumen and data analytics required including experience with budgeting, P&L management, marketing data and research.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to lead, motivate, and develop team members.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas of the business enabling the successful achievement of initiatives across all brand categories.
- Superior communication skills. Need to be able to articulate clear business direction and strategies. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Ability to travel (50%).
- Language skills a plus.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making: (Describe the nature and impact of decisions required for this position as well as the type of supervision required for this position from the following; Close, Moderate, Intermittent, Non
This position requires low level of supervision. An ideal candidate would be able to work autonomously to achieve strategic goals. Additionally, the Assistant Vice President Marketing needs to have a proven track record of providing superb level of supervision and guidance to grow and develop a high performance team.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs.
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: $31MM
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $165MM
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- Partner with the DMI to ensure US is represented in the vision for brand growth/evolution, long-term strategy & portfolio priorities.
- Collaborate with education, digital POD members and cross-functional partners to execute strategy for execution.
- Work collaboratively with other senior functional heads and retailers to build a broader business strategy.
- Manage the entire Marketing financial process (COGs, Fuel, etc.); own and contribute to broader P&L, sales targets and profitability of business.
- Responsible for team management, development, structure, and succession planning.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are “soft skills” that are required for success. Please refer to the L’Oreal USA MAP competencies. Examples include managing complexity, interacts effectively, innovates, etc.
1. Acts and Leads with Human Sensitivity: demonstrates respect and focuses on development of direct reports. Enriches team dynamics through management and professional development
2. Manages Complexity: manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with a focus on prioritization and quality. Forward thinking and problem solving a must. Ability to reframe.
3. Achieves Results with Integrity: demonstrates engagement and availability, stays proactive, focuses on results and delivers results respecting the L’Oreal Code of Ethics. Performs tasks with high level of detail. Ability to come up with innovative solutions.
4. Interacts Effectively: communicates clearly and adapts to the audience, systematically shares information, builds effective networks and works diligently with cross-functional teams.
5. Innovates: shows curiosity to grow and develop. Derives creative solutions to generate business value. Places the consumer at the center.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.