PURPOSE: The AVP, Project Management interfaces between project ownership and delivery of R&D projects. The AVP, Project Management acts as a single focal point of contact with the project manager for the day-to-day management of the interests of the organization. Also is responsible for ongoing management on behalf of the project owner to ensure that the desired project objectives are delivered.
The AVP, Project Management will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a team of Project Managers.
- Project plan and manage all aspects of product development from pre-development support to multiple programs for the Company’s lead products, as well as for other products as directed from time to time.
- Lead efforts to analyze current project operations, make recommendations for improvement and coordinate the decision making process.
- Facilitate information flow between team members, senior management, and external team members.
- Initiate outsourcing relationships and manage requests for proposals.
- Manage key external relationships related to a device’s development to ensure objectives are met on time and within budget.
- Establish and coordinate cross-functional project teams including regulatory affairs, development, marketing and finance, to ensure development objectives stay on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare annual project plans and budgets and liaise with VP Finance with respect to same.
- Actively manage project plans, forecast and allocate resources, track progress against goals, assess risks and mitigating factors, and analyze deviations from plan and develop solutions for same.
- Present plans, progress against plans, deviations, risk analysis and possible solutions to senior management.
- Maintains current professional knowledge base of methodologies and requirements.
- Serves as a key interface with Project Management Development with regard to budget, resources, priorities, strategy, and time lines.
- Performs other tasks and projects as assigned.
· Advanced degree preferred and at least 8 years of experience in project management with 2-4 years of direct management of device development projects preferred.
· Strong, dynamic, creative director with a proven track record of building strong relationships and creating success.
- Core competencies and skills should include project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously and of an increasing complex nature.
- Energetic, results-oriented.
- Knowledge of regulatory, medical and financial procedures and requirements.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of the device development process.
- Dedication to quality and reliability in all work tasks.
- Proficient in the use of modern management office tools and computer skills.
- Must have strong communication skills; this includes negotiation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates leadership and supervisory/managerial skills essential.
- Demonstrates teaching and coaching capabilities.
- Project management computer skills (e.g., MS Project) would be an asset to this position.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and work efficiently on multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as necessary, consistent with project needs.
Required to interact with Investigators, Regulators, Development Partners, CMOs and others external to the Company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.