AVP – CPD eRetail – Omni Strategy Lead
The CPD Online & Offline Strategy Lead (O+O) will be responsible for building a strategy to accelerate our O+O business through datapartnerships, content innovation, and bespoke services implementation. This role, new to L’Oreal USA CPD, will report to the VP of Consumer Connections and will be part of a growing eCommerce organization. This role will act as the division liaison for all retailers that interface with our CPD brands and will own the development of those relationships over time. Their focus will be to communicate the value of our brands, products, and innovations through the power of our beauty community (1P data) and increase engagement of our brands within our retailer owned channels. The measure of success for our new O+O Strategy lead will be retailer adoption of services, increased service levels, increased traffic & conversion to retailer PDPs, and overall channel growth by retailer.
- Identifying elements in the consumer & retailer journey/hierarchy for optimization for a seamless, engaging experience through O+O
- Building community unique to each retail customer and identifying opportunities to leverage our brand’s databases to power eCommerce market growth
- Pairing services with these identified communities at the retailer for a unique offering that drives brand loyalty, engagement, and conversion for our retailers
- Personalizing the experiences of our retailers to increase relevancy both for our brands at the retailer and for the retailer to their end customer
RETAILER KNOWLEDGE AND UPSKILLING
- Understand the retail customer needs, priorities, and digital maturity
- Oversee market movement and anticipate changes in retailer audiences
- Partner with the CDMO leads (Media, Data and Consumer Engagement) to leverage learnings across media, data, and content. In addition to testing and learning based on specific Retailer needs.
- Develop unique upskilling programs for internal teams to better understand our unique customer positioning, and produce reverse upskilling for our retailers to learn about our unique communities and how they engage with our retailers
RETAILER SERVICES STRATEGY AND ADOPTION
- Leverage the unique investments in global services to create demand at our retailer websites by developing a strategy for positioning by category and product
- Partner with brand marketing teams to activate services for each retailer, creating a unique experience for their specific end consumer
WAYS OF WORKING
- Acts as key point of contact and group expert for Retail digital strategy and interface with CPD Omni Shopper & Category Development, CPD CDMO Data & Media leads, LUSA CDMO eCommerce and other divisions within LUSA.
- Responsible for upskilling the division when new strategies are available, developed, and rolled out within the group
DOMAIN EXPERTISE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years’ experience in leading and developing data strategies, specific to consumer behavior and eCommerce market growth, at least 3 years managing a team of direct reports and managing multiple vendors
- Expertise in the eRetail environment specific to CPG and/or FMCG
- Ability to operate independently while driving towards a set of business goals aligned across the organization
- Ability to influence at the most senior levels of leadership both internally within a highly matrixed organization and external organizations in both in-person and remote environments
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain consumer insights, drive targeted digital campaigns, optimize user experience, and drive conversion
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in influencing executive leadership, developing presentations, and building business cases
- Influencing business strategy (e.g., cross-category senior VPs) through critical thinking and technical thought leadership that has translated into significant business benefit
- Collaborating to meet the agenda by working globally across functions, geographies, and with remote internal and external partners
- Coaching and mentoring others in a global process community and department
- Ensure that foundational skills/capabilities keep pace with technology advancements
- Driving a culture of technical curiosity, learning and technical rigor
- Hands on experience planning and managing a digital site experience to support new and retain existing traffic.
- Attention to detail, high-performance orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Passionate about digital; you are continuously a student of your industry, pursuing knowledge, best practices, competitive landscape and staying on top of trends.
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
- Demonstrated experience using hard data and metrics to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations, and to support project requests from partner teams
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other departments
- CPG marketing expertise; Beauty experience – a plus
- BA/BS degree required. MBA a plus.
- Knowledge of most current digital technologies, trends, and tools
- Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives
- Strong analytical mind with process orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the web development life-cycle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.