Title: Analyst, IT Solution Architect (SEO & Accessibility)
Location: New York, NY
Function: Digital IT
L’Oreal is a Beauty Tech leader; our portfolio brands continue to stay in the top 10 list of L2 Digital IQ index. We believe in delighting our consumers with cutting edge online experiences through high performing sites on all devices. We believe in creating feature-rich yet easy to navigate and accessibility compliant sites that can assist our visually impaired audience. We strive to achieve excellence in this ever-growing technology landscape in the online world.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is passionate about SEO / accessibility with a customer- focused mindset to join our dynamic and fast-paced e-commerce team. This individual will collaborate with technology and service partners and assess our SEO / accessibility posture and work with internal and external teams to address concerns and devise improvements. The solution minded candidate will cover the spectrum of applications across media, ecommerce, mobile, social, CRM, retail, analytics and much more for the US, Canada, and Latin America.
This candidate will act as the primary contact for all day-to-day aspects of SEO operations and support by working with our IT partners, business stakeholders and office of Chief Marketing & Digital Officer (CDMO). This role would best be filled by an individual with experience in supporting high-performing sites that is passionate about problem-solving, is a strong communicator and is energized by the thought of putting online sites on the Digital IQ index.
- Daily and periodic analysis of SEO and Core Web Vitals audits across American (US, Canada, LATAM) e-commerce and content sites
- Work closely with product teams early in the development phase to identify potential SEO issues and propose remediation efforts
- Callout SEO concerns and pitfalls in currently established websites and drive remediation efforts to resolution
- Engage with brand teams for input regarding site content and experiences that impact site SEO and performance
- Partner with merchandising and technical teams to tackle content related concerns and optimizations, fix canonical issues, correct redirects, eliminate duplicate pages, etc.
- Evaluate and remediate brand marketing and merchandizing images affecting core web vitals metrics and site speed
- Strive to adopt achieve site performance best practices across devices
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to plan and prioritize SEO issues, research solutions, and suggest recommendations
- Research, document, and conduct RCAs for identified SEO issues and regularly review with stakeholders
- Track and document SEO deficiencies and provide input to stakeholders
- Oversee content creation and offer suggestions to merchandising
- Collaborate and assist SMEs, IT, and service partners on SEO best practices
- Analyze results of audits and review with stakeholders to drive best practice recommendations across technology initiatives
- Prepare documentation for input for weekly, monthly workshops with business and IT stakeholders to review SEO metrics
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, Core Web Vitals and internet marketing industry trends and developments and report changes (and subsequent strategy updates) as needed
- Remediate/fix accessibility violations in websites
- Participate in the design process to advise on accessible design decisions and how they impact/satisfy WCAG success criteria
- Write up audit decks, memos/emails and reports, describing accessibility issues and recommendations for resolving them
- Help triage and prioritize accessibility issues and provide guidance for remediation
- Familiar with developer tools such as Pagespeed, Lighthouse, Webpagetest, Rigor, Brightedge, SEMRush, Moz, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Google Analytics
- Experience with agile and web technologies
- JIRA, Confluence experience is useful
- Familiarity with Salesforce Commerce Cloud / Sitecore a plus
- Google Analytics experience a plus
- Understanding of Core Web Vitals required
- Use of industry standard SEO tools
- Knowledge in addressing Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and compliance standards
- Experience using assistive technology including screen reader technologies (e.g. JAWS, NVDA, MAC/IOS VoiceOver, TalkBack), magnification tools, read-aloud tools and keyboard testing
- 3 years of experience with web technologies
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Broad based IT knowledge who is a natural problem solver and a strong communicator
- Development / technical experience in ecommerce / content sites
- Clear understanding of SEO best practices
- Familiarity with industry standard content management system (CMS) platforms
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial mentality to tackle a variety of duties, challenges, and opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.