L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
Analyst-Product Claims Substantiation, Clark, NJ
- As an Analyst in Claims Group, you are the principal contact person to evaluate and validate product claims for L’Oréal advertising in digital. Your primary stakeholders are Claims Brand Evaluators, CMO (Digital Marketing), Labs and Legal teams.
- You’ll assist Claims Brand Managers with compliance review, which may be in all forms of media, including but not limited to, TV, radio, print, press releases, as well as packaging. Primary stakeholders will include the product development, product evaluation, regulatory, safety, marketing and legal organizations.
- You’ll review claims applying laws, regulations and guidance from Federal Trade Commission, Food & Drug Administration and National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau.
- When necessary you’ll work closely with Claims Brand Manager to review and analyze protocols, data and reports to support product claims. Create claims dossiers/synthesis and help compile substantiation dossiers to authorities in the US and abroad as needed.
- Provide analytical support to the Claims Substantiation team as assigned.
- Perform administrative items and special projects e.g. secondary contact for substantiation support database (Claimnet), information requests and library maintenance, records management, brand integration, and additional duties as assigned by management.
- Advanced degree in science preferred (i.e. Chemistry, Biology or related fields)
- Minimum of one year industry experience (cosmetics, personal care products, pharmaceutical or food), including specific experience in claims substantiation, preferred.
- Familiarity with product claims regulations
- Collaborative, strategic, excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a cross functional role and to interact effectively across highly matrixed global organization.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) and the ability to identify and recommend solutions to problems.
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to work in an exhilarating, fast-paced environment.
- Multi-lingual. English fluency, Portuguese, French and/or Spanish would also be a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.