Position Overview: Compile, analyze and report on quality performance data in order to direct and prioritize quality improvement efforts for the analytical lab. Support manufacturing activities by accurately performing analytical chemistry testing (primarily preservatives and active ingredients) in a fast paced environment. Analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines. Practice and enforce good laboratory practices in the laboratories.
- Coordinate the release and testing of the bulk, raw material, packaging components and finished goods based on backlog and priority reports.
- Assigns daily testing in the lab based on priority.
- Leads investigations related to out-of-specification results, communicates on control results and decisions to Laboratory Managers.
- Participate in the corrective action process for bulk, and finished goods.
- Undertakes all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with L’Oréal specifications and test methods. Use DGO, as a guideline for daily tests and verification of test methods, conduct testing independently.
- Carries out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate, and ability to calculate concentrations for standards and mobile phases
- Ability to troubleshoot lab instruments, and provide technical support to all chemists.
- Ensures relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct (ex. Lab notebooks, Certificate of Analysis, batch reporting, etc.)
- Accepts or blocks deliveries or production in accordance with L’Oréal specifications.
- Performs quality audits of production areas as needed.
- Bring new ideas and innovations to the lab. Challenge the status quo and implement ideas to improve efficiencies.
- Manage assigned projects to completion and to committed deadlines. Projects will primarily be for new instrumentation and installations within the lab; this will require working with teammates and external vendors.
- Develop and administer applicable trainings of new test methods and equipment.
- Write SOPs and other procedures, conduct training and assist manager in daily tasks
- Ensure the lab works in compliance with ISO, DGO, FDA, and GMPs regulations
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, or other related science.
· 3-5 years analytical chemistry experience with HPLC, UV-VIS, AA, preferably in cosmetic/consumer products/pharmaceutical manufacturing. Wet chemistry, batch adjustment and microbiology experience preferred
- Must work well in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage people and act with confidentiality.
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Knowledge of and ability to use relevant laboratory tools and equipment.
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
- Computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations, and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Take 100% responsibility for choices
- Be committed to team decisions
- Accountability for ourselves and others
- Punctuality with commitments
- Create a safe environment that encourages healthy conflict
- Foster teamwork and pack parachutes
- Bring solutions to solve problems, no matter how difficult
- Must implement and utilize the Piscataway Manufacturing communication model.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must be able to make rapid decisions.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.