Title: eCommerce Merchandise Asst. Manager
Reports into: Vice President of eCommerce
Location: New York, New York
The eCommerce Merchandise Asst. Manager will support the Active Cosmetics Division’s four eCommerce sites through online product management, merchandising, and analytics. The individual will be responsible for new product setup, scheduling campaigns, promotions, daily site content updates and SEO optimization. With a narrow focus on business insight/analytics, consumer shopping behavior, and sell-through this individual drives conversion, AOV, targeting and A/B testing to most effectively merchandise to meet both consumer demand and robust sales goals – leveraging the strength of a multi-device approach. The eCommerce Merchandise Manager will report to the VP of eCommerce and will work directly with the ACD Digital Team, Brand Marketing teams and L’Oreal Digital IT.
Content administration and eCommerce platform tools:
- Responsible for the presentation to consumer for full site merchandising – including product presentation, product information, cross-selling and up-selling, product groupings/sets, testing, targeting and promotion/campaign setup with full website replication responsivities.
- Utilizes Google Analytics, Demandware Analytics and additional reporting tools to analyze effectiveness of merchandising activities, with a keen focus on measurement and meeting KPI goals. Testing is critical and individual MUST have solid and extensive experience with developing and reporting on key merchandising KPIs to drive business and key business insight.
- Determines and tests site taxonomy, attribution, filters – with a narrow focus on analytics and testing.
- Responsible for on-site search management and maximization of site search to drive conversion.
- Drives A/B testing to optimize conversion performance.
- Leads projects related to merchandising such as site features, enhancements and testing/bug resolution to ensure fast time to market and minimal business impact.
- Responsible for identifying merchandising strategy and opportunities to maximize different devices, with a keen focus on mobile.
- Executes daily, weekly and monthly reports including QBR (quarterly business review analytics)
- Work cross functionally with brand marketing and external teams on the creation, upload and maintenance of all product copy, including product name, product description and key features/benefits, videos, imagery and providing accurate product attributes
- Coordinate all Ecommerce sample need allocations with brand marketing and allocation teams
- Track and communicate upcoming product launches and manage the product activation process from setup to go live.
- Maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and inventory reports related to product and performance.
- Create special landing pages following website template configurations on request to support marketing needs, CRM or promotion campaign initiatives
- Implement effective web merchandising strategies, including product categorization, on-site search results, product page optimization, and cross-sell/up-sell strategies.
- Test promotions, site enhancements, and functionality. Frequently QA site for irregularities and work to resolve.
- Execute the promotional calendar set forth by the eCommerce CRM Manager and communicate website/promotional updates to all team members including Customer Service.
- Troubleshoot customer service, SAP and order fulfillment issues across all relevant systems.
- Work directly with brand digital liaisons to support eCommerce and digital efforts in all merchandise site content refreshes and future product/content campaigns.
- Implementing all campaign source codes and other tracking strategies to measure all external marketing campaigns via Demandware Analytics and Google Analytics Premium accounting for accurate channel attribution modeling.
- Through analytics and performance reporting, identify opportunities to enhance site experience with new technology and site enhancements by analyzing consumer behavior and key metrics (conversion, shopping cart abandonment, items per order, AOV) and applying insights to future site initiatives and marketing campaigns
- Manage, measure and optimize features and campaigns ensuring alignment with marketing priorities and promotions, using site analytics, insights and testing/QA
- Research industry best practices to maintain optimal site experience, conversion & AOV
- Ad hoc analyses and support on promotional forecasting, creative performance evaluations, onsite personalization, etc.
- Drive and execute QA strategy to continuously improve content and messaging
- Support QA for all content published across the four Active Cosmetics Division eCommerce websites
- Demandware experience required
- HTML/CSS proficient
- Adobe Photoshop or Abode Elements experience required
- 1-3 years of online merchandising experience, preferably in a direct-to-consumer environment with demonstrated capabilities in content management systems, eCommerce platforms and tools, order process & fulfillment and 3rd Party software (Demandware Business Manager, SAP, JIRA, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, Exact Target)
- Must be an excellent multi-tasker and comfortable managing all site updates and promotional activity setup for 4 websites
- Excellent knowledge of on-page SEO factors, including inspecting HTML code
- Experience in best practices of testing, optimization and drivers of online conversion
- Highly organized with excellent (visual and written) communication skills and a collaborative nature
- Excellent project and time management skills; ability to effectively multi-task in deadline-oriented environment
- Exposure to beauty/lifestyle and/or luxury/fashion retail a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated but also a great team player
- Bachelors degree required (in marketing, merchandising or other business/fashion degree preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.