Job Title Assistant Vice President, Operations Development, Kiehl's
Division: Luxury Division
Location: 435 Hudson Street, New York City, New York
Reports Into: Vice President, Operations Development, Kiehl's & Assistant Vice President, Operations Development, Luxury Division
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
- Manage Global and WW package development and project management activities for the global Luxe brand Kiehl's.
- Responsible for all development launch activities (including launches, limited editions, reformulations, regulatory changes, sustainability updates) for the brand to assure timely, cost effective and sustainably driven new products launches, limited editions and maintenance of basic business activities.
- Responsible for all launch activity that are distributed globally, therefore responsible to understand all global regulatory requirements needing to be incorporated in product packaging. Mandatory expertise in China CSAR requirements.
- Provides strategic leadership and management of the end to end development function for the Kiehl’s brand which includes extensive collaboration with packaging, sourcing, manufacturing teams, external vendors, RAI, brand supply chain teams to support the rest of the Operations and working in very close collaboration with the International Marketing teams (based in US).
- Lead both Development and Color & Artwork functions, with a team of 6 (4 direct reports and 2 at n-2 level).
- Manage a team across multiple métiers (Skincare + Haircare + Fragrance + Hygiene + Devices) with a focus though coaching and feedback on their development goals.
- Working manager is responsible of its own projects workload as well as supervision of work load handled by team members.
- Responsible as DMI (Global Marketing) Operations liaison with Korean Innovation Center, managing panier incorporation of KIC launches, and communication of launch status/risks to Global Brand President
- Manage a global manufacturing footprint with an ownership of global conception with local production. Lead all further footprint analysis with global markets / operations teams. Oversight of global operations teams with any localization of component sourcing.
- Develop and lead strategic transformation on sustainability roadmap toward reaching the L’Oreal for the Future objectives in 2025 and 2030. Integrate this roadmap with Kiehl’s sustainability platform Future Made Better ™. Key driver for all global innovations led and driven by Kiehl’s, including all push/pull projects from US + EU Packaging Innovation teams. Lead micro/quality/refill strategy with RAI and QA teams. Manage Development network with key sister brands (Biotherm, Garnier).
- Drive limited edition strategy with global markets and DMI International Business Development & Marketing teams. Liaise with Retail Design Ops for promo set integration into global animation strategy.
- Lead integration of device development, and work hand-in-hand with Augmented Beauty teams to drive brand development functions with Kiehl’s.
- Improve profitability of the brand while working on Gross Margin improvement across development and operations. Active participation in identifying new and improved processes that will result in effective cost reduction / harmonization programs for new or existing products including internalization and securization of the catalog with new suppliers and cross-functional teams at LUSA.
- Drive with Luxe Formula Optimization head all reforms, risky raw material securitization, and strategic projects.
- Lead Business Contingency Plan for global Kiehl’s operations on top catalogue SKUs by establishing dual manufacturing footprint.
- Drive business securitization for Top 40 SKUs, including mold securitization and in-sourcing.
- Drive agility in all 3* A launches.
- The AVP development is the key point of contact for key DMI Leadership teams: SVP DMI Product Development, SVP DMI Marketing, SVP DMI International Business Development, SVP DMI Creative, AVP DMI Finance, as well as the Global Brand President. They will partner together to design new products that are consumer centric, propose creative solutions and optimized in terms of design to cost, to agility, to sustainability. They will also drive prioritization via business turnover and panier management per DRIVE timings.
- The AVP development seats in the mancom of the Luxe Development team as well as the Mancom of the VP Luxe Operations Kiehl’s.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive operations experience in a multi discipline & multi location consumer product organization with minimum 5 years leading a team is required
- A completed degree BS/BA in Packaging Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or related field of study is required
- Outstanding business & financial acumen
- Experience implementing change
- Strategic planning/implementation capabilities
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and cross functional collaboration with ability to influence others
- Ability to interact and influence the decision making process of senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
To Succeed in this Position, You Are:
- Strong in Judgment and Decision Making: The role has a major impact on the business by exercising the influence over sizeable resources (US Luxe brands WW business = $2.1B; Kiehl’s = $1.7B), policy formulating and planning of the development function for the Kiehl’s brand WW. This role has a significant influence over the future strategy of the Kiehl’s brand launch plan and global manufacturing footprint. Acts in a consultative role and must be able to influence senior management.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $145,300-$207,000 base (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 days in Office, up to 2 days Work From Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning and Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
Youtube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube Video