Función Laboral: Legal
Tipo de contrato: Jornada Completa
Ubicación: HK - Hong Kong
País: Hong Kong
The successful candidate will provide secretarial, administrative and office management support to the members of the legal department who deal mainly with general commercial and corporate matters as well as intellectual property. In this full-time role you will report directly to the General Counsel for Asia Pacific and you will be a member of both the Asia Pacific and the local legal departments.
Purpose of your new role
To provide secretarial and administrative support to the other members of the legal departments. You will carry out a wide range of administrative and office management duties.
Your key job accountabilities
- To provide legal support to the legal team in its day to day business, including the preparation and drafting of legal letters and contracts, research on the Internet on various topics;
- To provide a full range of secretarial and administration services for the other members of the legal departments including extensive diary and mail management, typing up notes as required and organising travel bookings;
- Drafting and amendments of contracts (standard appearance, track changes, compare and contrast, use of defined terms, parties description, signature block and schedules), getting them ready for signature for upper management and safeguarding the originals.
- To arrange meetings, room bookings and catering as required. Ensure that IT and technical support are always functioning;
- To interact with other departments, PAs and team assistants to set up internal meetings. Ensure meetings with the legal department run to schedule;
- To answer and resolve queries accurately and promptly, in a courteous and confident manner. Take down and transmit clear and detailed messages to the team member concerned on the same day;
- To oversee the implementation and maintenance of a record management software;
- To ensure that both internal and external mail is dealt with promptly, with prioritisation of incoming papers and requests as appropriate and prompt distribution. Carry out photocopying, binding and order stationery when required;
- To put together presentations for various presentations/events using PowerPoint. Compile materials, charts and other relevant information. Demonstrate initiative, creative flair and attention to detail;
- To record holiday and absence for the legal teams;
- To create purchase orders for the legal department, manage them efficiently, deal with the web cycle in a timely manner and ensure that suppliers are paid within the agreed payment terms; and
- To process expense claims on behalf of members of the legal teams.
- Secretarial training
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency on Microsoft Office products – in particular Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Applicable experience
Essential skills required
- Have an interest in law;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills. Fluent spoken and written English and Cantonese;
- Excellent attention to detail, high level of accuracy, methodological approach and strong in record management. Good numerical skills;
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality in respect of information/documents/projects being produced/undertaken;
- Senior secretarial and advanced administrative skills, including advanced proficiency on Microsoft Office products - in particular Word, PowerPoint & Outlook;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, people oriented environment requiring interaction with teams at all levels;
- Take initiative in resolving queries and able to deal with matters confidentially and efficiently;
- Self-motivated, efficient and reliable with a flexible attitude. Ability to act with good judgement and common sense;
- Effectively follow through on tasks requested by other people; and
- An ability to work autonomously and take ownership of all aspects of the role, and go beyond the scope of the role, following through and keeping the General Counsel for Asia Pacific fully updated.
Desirable skills required
- Legal secretaries’ diploma or certificate is not essential, but of course advantageous.
◄ Vuelva a la lista de empleo