Associate Scientist/Scientist - Clinical Claims Evaluation, Clark, NJ
We are seeking a creative Associate Scientist/Scientist to join our Clinical Claims Team. As a key member of the team you’ll design, coordinate and execute clinical studies on regulated over-the-counter (OTC) products and/or beauty devices to ensure testing is conducted in accordance with local regulatory agencies for global regulatory compliance of L’Oréal OTC products. In addition, you will also be responsible to conduct testing for claims substantiation for labeling and communication of product launches. In this function you will be working cross functionally with the Development Labs in all métiers (Skin, Makeup, Hair), as well as safety, regulatory and claims legal teams.
- Bachelors or above in chemistry, biology or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in regulatory, beauty devices and/or OTC product testing within cosmetics, chemicals or pharmaceutical industries
- Knowledge of US/ international cosmetics and OTC regulations.
- Experience coordinating product testing with outside vendors
- Ability to independently collaborate and negotiate with vendors
- Project management experience with multiple projects and varying priorities
- Ability to influence others in order to ensure needs from lab and scientific liaison are met
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact successfully with all levels of personnel within R&I and with other divisions and departments, both written and verbal
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, including strong teamwork skills a must;
- Study design and methodology development a must
- Computer proficiency: Excel, Power-Point, Word, Outlook
- Statistical analysis/interpretation
- Scientific writing/ report writing
- Experience with cosmetics, skin care and personal care products- product relationship a plus;
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.