Are you a biomedical professional that loves science and want to provide innovative solutions for our consumers? Would you like to be a pioneer in our upstream innovation team for beauty and health?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of the R&I 360 deployment, the Regenerative Beauty Discovery Domain represents the future of beauty. This team is responsible for driving scientific discovery and innovations related to skin and hair regeneration, aiming to deliver exciting technologies and actives with unsurpassed efficacy. This team collaborates with various departments in L’Oreal Research & Innovation, both domestically and internationally. The team scouts for new technologies in modern cosmetic, medicine, and health science fields, performs proof of concept testing for novel topicals and devices, and works closely with key research and business partners to transform upstream technologies into new consumer products.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated entrepreneur scientist to onboard on this thrilling adventure.
- Lead scientific activities to support upstream innovation related to cutaneous appendages regeneration, and explore disruptive technologies in the field of regenerative medicine.
- Support critical internal scientific discovery programs and build a strong portfolio of external partnership/collaboration, with a focus on hair regeneration and scalp health. Ensure efficient and continuous scouting and communication on dedicated scientific field.
- Support patenting and scientific publication process of team’s innovative work
- Work in a global cross-functional domain in a highly collaborative fashion, with strong connection with the R&I team globally and the hair regeneration lab in France
- A MD, PhD, PharmD, or equivalent in a relevant biomedical discipline. A Minimal of 5 years of experience in skin and hair research in an academic, pharmaceutical, or personal care laboratory.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in organ/skin organoids culture developed from human IPS or progenitors/stem cells. Also experience on progenitors/stem cell isolation from tissues is required.
- Strong track record of building external research collaborations with academic or industrial partners
- Deep knowledge of molecular/cell biology techniques, Omics methodologies and data mining, and statistical analysis is required
- A highly self-motivated scientist with strong ambition to innovate, demonstrating technical leadership and project management skills with strong scientific rigor
- A team player, align on global vision, collaborating and communicating in a highly effective way
- An entrepreneur, challenge the status quo, welcome new challenges from the cosmetic and medical aesthetic industries, capable of translating and transforming new ideas with high agility
- A people integrator, demonstrating strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills; capable to influence, engage, motivate, and enable others to drive the success of team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.