Research & Innovation
Clark, New Jersey
Associate Scientist, Product Performance Evaluation – Hair Color
We are seeking an experienced cosmetologist/makeup artist to join our Product Performance Evaluation Team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for performing high quality, accurate expert technical assessments of formula performance criteria according to defined test protocols, gestures and rating scales for different L’Oréal US brands concentrating in Hair Color. This position will be handling data analysis, data synthesis and report writing of expert studies.In addition, this position will be handling project logistics/coordination, formulation understanding, and data management.
- Perform high quality, accurate assessment of formula performance according to standard protocols for Hair Color and all Reactive Hair Color Technologies.
- Analyzes test results, synthesizes the information and writes reports to meet business objectives
- Effectively communicate and present findings to project leaders
- Develops strong relationships within cross functional teams; including hybrid testing, partnering with consumer and/or instrumental teams.
- Supports new, forward thinking evaluation techniques, methodologies and strategies for the future of Expert evaluation
- Collaborate prioritizes the workload with project leaders and Research and Innovation (R&I) team
- May require domestic and/or international travel for special operations or presentations
- General housekeeping of Evaluation Center and work space
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Active NJ state Licensed cosmetologist with 3+ years of salon experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree required
- Post license certifications (e.g. keratin bonding, hair extensions, master classes) are a plus
- Salon logistics and coordination experience
- Expertise in Hair Color formulation required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entry-level data management
- Interest in personal care industry and associated hair products/services
- Experience in technical product testing or cosmetics industry is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Product evaluation (SIMS) and recruiting (ARCS) related software experience is a plus
- Excellent team player
- High level of passion for consumer centricity during the product development process
- Ability to multi-task, and flexibility a must.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with a deadline-driven deliverable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
- Trainer experience is a plus.
- Project coordination is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.