Assistant Marketing Manager, Brand
LOCATION: Redmond, WA
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Brand is responsible for supporting the Director, US Brand Marketing in leading, managing and driving launches, national promotions, brand management and national media campaigns. Works closely with marketing management to create, develop, execute, and evaluate new product launches and promotional marketing programs to support the brand. Helps manage logistics of US national brand efforts for Clarisonic brand including project cost and project management. This position will partner closely with retail sales, professional sales, e-commerce and TV retail to understand and advocate for the needs of each channel to drive their respective strategic priorities.
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Brand reports to the Director, US Brand Marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists in management of existing products, the launch of new products and contributes to the development of Marketing programs for existing and new products.
- Helps implement brand/product strategy and promotional and trade Marketing plan for US national brand efforts; help implement and evaluate new product launches and management of existing product “panier”
- Interacts effectively with other departments to support Marketing objectives
- Help manage budget, reports on new product launch sales and forecast accuracy, tracks and analyzes COGs, and helps make pricing recommendations
- Monitors and communicates findings for competitive and consumer data analysis; make recommendations to management based on data
- Assist in implementation of the Creative process
- Prepares for brand reviews and senior management meetings in partnership with leadership
- Partner closely with Retail Marketing to help ensure successful implementation of Product Line Strategy
- Assist in execution of launch plans in partnership with Retail Marketing, Retail Sales, US Merchandising and Leadership
- Manage updates and communication of brand legal claims
- Travel as necessary to attend retailer meetings, media partner meetings and media trainings
- Partner with Leadership to help develop meaningful multi-channel promotional programs
- Manage development of launch and promotional program asset bundles
- Help develop promotional calendars to drive retail sales of Clarisonic products for National campaigns
- Manage organization of brand marketing folders
- New vendor setup in SRM
- PO creation and processing
- Product ordering and shipping as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent; MBA a plus
- Minimum required experience – 2.5 years consumer products marketing and/or retail marketing
- Relevant experience in the Beauty Category and a strong desire to engage the Beauty Consumer
- Record of progressive responsibilities and significant accomplishments
- Excellent business relationship skills. Must be a team player able to work with a variety of organizational functions. Ability to work cross functionally to get the job done.
- Business Acumen –Ability to develop deep knowledge of the brand, category, products, retail dynamics, competitors, market trends, and consumers
- Data Analysis – Basic ability to evaluate data to draw business implications; basic understanding of COGs and sales forecast, budgets, P&L a plus
- Market Research – Basic ability to read and interpret research data; develops research plan with Strategic Planning Initiative
- Media – Basic understanding of media strategy and planning a plus
- Collateral – Basic ability to help create and innovate existing go-to market materials
- Previous Field experience in a sales position or rotation a plus
- Authorization to work in the US on on-going basis
- Ability to work in Redmond area on daily basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.