Urban Decay Cosmetics is seeking a Assistant Store Manager to join our team for our new “Freestanding” Store in Bakersfield, CA.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible to take on the responsibilities of the Store Manager when the Store Manager is not present and ensures exceptional customer experience while driving sales revenue to exceed budget. This individual must be able to work with a variety of people and is responsible for leading and influencing the team to meet / exceed sales budgets through their leadership, which includes: Training, Motivating and Mentoring. This position is responsible for management of in-store operational and Human Resources responsibilities while complying with company policies and procedures. Provide training and ongoing development for in store team. Develop and execute short and long term plans to achieve goals in support of the store’s business strategy. Is responsible for product and brand image presentation while maintaining a neat and organized store, and ensuring a positive / upbeat environment. Is responsible for recruitment, and cultivating bench strength for the future of the UD Sales team.
Ability to create an exceptional consumer experience through motivating, training and influencing sales people to deliver exceptional service while selling Urban Decay Cosmetics by sharing knowledge, as well as coaching and teaching about the brand, the products and make-up application technique. This includes but isn’t limited to: planning and executing successful events, selling product, building the sale through make-up application, maintaining cleanliness standards, respecting store standards and following policies and procedures. Maintain a positive and happy work environment at all times.
To ensure the business is conducted in the most efficient manner, the Assistant Store Manager must do the following:
- Lead by example demonstrating the ‘URBAN’ Selling Method and hold team accountable to optimal selling and service standard.
- Manage and oversee Automated E-Time-Keeping so payroll has accurate information to pay staff on time.
- Review and analyze daily, weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Year to Date (YTD) / Annual budget achievement. Tracking performance on the ‘Seasonal Sales Tracker’.
- Monitor store and individual employee sales performance to maintain or increase sales productivity and establish and evaluate a weekly strategies with each individual UD Artist (UDA) to exceed / achieve budget.
- Maintain adequate selling floor supervision and contribute to the store’s daily sales performance.
- Assigning a MOD (Manager on Duty) for floor Supervision coverage.
- Recruit, retain and develop a high performing and diverse team with a compliment of both internal and external talent.
- Partner with Retail Operations team to ensure that all stores adhere to Store Operations and Loss Prevention policies.
- Partner with Store Manager to manage Employee Relations issues and ensure compliance with all employment laws and company guidelines.
- Provide on-going training and development for store team while maintaining company and educational values
- Effectively execute visual directives, education selling tools and customer service standards
- Maintain continuous communication between retail store team, Area Sales Manager, Field Sales Director and Home Office team.
- Manage execution of in-store events and product launches.
- Execute special projects.
- Regular attendance and timeliness for all scheduled shifts.
- Management of inventory into Tester processing.
- Returned and/or Damaged products, processing and Shipping routinely.
- Manage the DBR (Daily Business Record) and Daily Task List. .
- Monitor the UD Clientele System. Coach and lead by example with customer follow up’s using the 2-2-2 Method (2 days, 2 weeks, and 2 months) and engaging with clients about promotions and pre-sale.
- Participate in Weekly / Monthly Store Meetings and Seasonal Launch Parties to review business results, communicate new objectives, inform and motivate the team about product and selling UD new and core products.
- When scheduling, understand the business and the store’s traffic flow so coverage is planned during key store hours.
- Complete the Event Request, and Event Recap when planning for an event and when measuring the success of the event.
- When hiring new associates, use the Training Checklist to ensure new hires are trained and certified in their first month of employment. Each sales person must be trained on: brand history, product knowledge, selling techniques, make-up application techniques. This training is to ensure the team exceeds Sales Budget, Product Targets and achieves Clientele Standards.
- Driving pre-sell efforts when promoting new product and event opportunities
- Regular cycle counts, Insuring inventory is on target and when there are challenges that they know how to improve out-of-stocks. Utilize the Stock Request List. When there are concerns, communicate them to the Selling Supervisor (ASM / FSD) to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Perform and ensure opening and closing procedures are respected. Including but not limited to; transferring cash from the register to the safe deposit box.
- Create and communicate with (ASM / FSD) Store Action Plans and UD Artist Plan.
- Plan and manage time to be efficient and effective in completing administrative work while selling 80% of the time.
- Make deadlines for all requests including but not limited to: Schedules (1 month in advance), Event Requests (3 months in advance) and event recaps. Complete follow through when agreed with Urban Decay.
- Communicate fact-based human resource concerns and /or issues to Store Manager in a timely manner and follow through as agreed. Use the 30-60-90 day review form for evaluating new hires and position changes. Annual Performance Appraisal for Annual employee evaluations.
The Assistant Store Manager is to maintain the standard for Urban Decay Cosmetics. Personal grooming should include wearing Urban Decay Cosmetics and from time-to-time branded items, i.e., scarfs and t-shirts. It is important each individual translates the brand through their own individual expression to create the most brand relevant, positive impression for our customers.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Passion for people in providing the ultimate customer service
- Passion for people in elevating them to sell
- Passion for product and make-up and the Urban Decay brand
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Excellent make-up application and artistry skills.
- Very good verbal communication skills, strong written communication skills.
- Strong ability to know how and when to lead and be a team player.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and teaching skills.
- Strong ability in developing and leading a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk or hear, handle or feel objects or tools. The employee frequently is required to walk and bend.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates
- 2 years’ experience in leading, coaching and managing a sell through team
Intuitive ability to learn and master running a POS (cash register) MARS
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Urban Decay is beauty with an edge. It is feminine, dangerous and fun...appealing to anyone who relishes her individuality and dares to express it. From brazen shade names and an insane range of colors to innovative (and ultra-long-lasting) products.
Urban Decay has been revolutionizing the beauty industry for over 15 years. With an endless array of high-performance products that includes unique eye makeup, performance foundations, primers, and setting sprays that give makeup serious staying power, Urban Decay has always found new ways to shake up the prestige beauty world and excite beauty junkies and makeup artists alike.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.comWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.