Urban Decay is seeking a part time Beauty Artist for our Free Standing Store in the Del Amo Mall.
A Urban Decay Artist is responsible for providing an excellent shopping experience that makes the customer want to return to the brand and location for multiple purchases while meeting and exceeding both individual and store sales objectives.
- These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the business. Other duties maybe assigned as required.
- Ability to achieve personal sales goals on a daily basis through exceptional customer service that includes but isn’t limited to: welcoming, approaching and engaging the customer with enthusiasm, building a sale, linking products, applying make-up, building clientele, achieving product goals and educating the consumer.
- When on the floor selling, at all times, being 100% engaged in the professional activity of selling and servicing the customer as well as consistently learning how to enhance one’s product knowledge, artistry skills, application techniques, selling skills as well as inter-personal and customer service skills. It’s imperative this individual is positive and happy when working with customers and the team.
- The UD Artist is to maintain the standard for Urban Decay Cosmetics. Personal grooming should include wearing Urban Decay Cosmetics and from time-to-time branded items, i.e., scarfs and t-shirts. It is important each individual translates the brand through their own individual expression to create the most brand relevant, positive impression for our customers.
- Accountable for attendance and timely arrival on a daily basis and complete the necessary administrative duties on time.
- It’s expected this person will be a team player and to contribute to the success of the team by following direction, actively participating in meeting projected goals including but not limited to: pre-sale, clientele, product selling targets, events and overall sales revenue.
- When requested attend store meetings including training sessions to enhance one’s product knowledge.
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the business. Other duties maybe assigned as required.
- Passion for people in providing the ultimate customer service
- Passion for people in elevating them to sell
- Passion for product and make-up and the Urban Decay brand
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Excellent make-up application and artistry skills
- Very good verbal communication skills, strong written communication skills
- Strong ability to know how and when to lead and be a team player
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and teaching skills
- Strong ability in developing and leading a team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk or hear, handle or feel objects or tools. The employee frequently is required to walk and bend.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
- 2 years’ experience in leading, coaching and managing a sell through team
- High School Diploma required
- Intuitive ability to learn and master running a POS (cash register) MARS
About Urban Decay Cosmetics:
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red
and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this
monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired
by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one?
Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we
haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of
high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the
industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless
complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting
cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals
who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our
company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and
extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more
about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take
pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring,
training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran
status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.