Category Development & Insights Manager (Hair Color)
• Location: Hudson yards, New York
• Team: Category Development & Insights, Color
• Availability: ASAP
- Leverage deep shoppers and social insights for selling opportunities
- Leverage exhaustive category analysis to identify growth opportunities
- Establish omni-channel profitable strategies
- Accelerate growth of the category and our brands
Develop and own overall CPD portfolio strategy:
- Build and maintain true understanding of market trends and omni-channel category insights
- Based on insights and customer knowledge, Identify CPD brands growth opportunities to help define brands strategies
- Explore and develop with Category Development lead, deep shopper, social and market insights to drive long (3 year) and short-term national category story
- Identify, share, and align on shopper specific category opportunities. Deliver action steps to Account Category Managers for specific implementation that will drive dollar share growth, incremental space and better brand placement
- Be the liaison between Account Category Development team and internal corporate teams; communicate key initiatives and category trends to Account Category Development team and filter internal requests out to team for streamlined communication
- Uncover current emerging shopper trends, where we partner with CMI to create a Shopper/Consumer centric story that provides Marketing teams with insight, validation, and recommendations
Define consistent CPD category guidelines:
- Help define priority products types/products to grow/products to maintain/products to delete for all CPD brands
- Ensure alignment between all brands on selling story and opportunities for CPD overall to win offline and online in the hair color category.
- Synthesize Innovation plans with shopper profiles to equip the sales teams with robust selling stories supporting shopper needs and growing trends
- Create Corporate Merchandising Vision with Category Development lead by partnering with Marketing teams to provide the field with a national brand flow recommendation with appropriate supporting insights.
Accelerate growth of the category and CPD brands:
- Quarterly ‘Cookbook’ Insights Bible Update and delivery to the Account Category Managers
- Support White Space team by providing shopper insights and distribution opportunities based on CPD brand and shopper alignment.
- Be the insights expert, ensure team usage of all category and shopper tools: Cookbook, Spectra, Nielsen Answers and Panel, Rakuten, Clavis, Market360, Ecom Dashboard, Ecommerce MRMs and external market research (Kantar, WSL, Poshly, Mintel, Stylus, Suzi, Spate.)
The Network you would work with:
Internal: Category Development & Insights VP, SVP Commercial Strategy, SVP Sales, Customer Team Leads, Brand Cat Heads and marketing teams, Brand Business Development, eCommerce Channel Leads. R&I and Development Teams. CMI Shopper Insights and Metier Teams. RGM Team.
External: Customer Team lead, NAMS, CDMs and Customer Marketing. Customer buyers and Category insights teams. Category head, CCM and ACM peer group.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing, category management or sales role
- Proven experience of leading Range Reviews (RR), retailer strategies and projects
- Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimize sales and profit
- Multi category experience
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.