This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing and is responsible for managing all packaging activities of the assigned cell in compliance with L’Oréal standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually assesses the performance indicators of the department and develops actions to improve on the basis of those indicators.
- Manage and direct all production activity to fully support attainment of the production plan by supervising the coordination of the short term fixed schedule and the long term production plan on an intra-department and inter-department basis.
- Supervise and coordinate all packaging related activity in the support of new product launches and restage projects.
- Design, develop, recommend, and implement improved work procedures that enhance manufacturing efficiency.
- Direct problem solving activities that resolve intra-department or inter-department production related issues.
- Develop and implement programs that train staff and packaging work force in methods and procedures that maximize the efficient operation and application of the means of production.
- Facilitate and effective employee/labor relations environment within the production unit.
- Maintain an appropriate records and complete necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Observe “Good Manufacturing Practices” (GMP).
- Implement L’Oréal USA quality assurance procedures and the requirements of ISO-9000.
- Design, implement, or recommend capital equipment improvements that enhance the capacity, efficiency, and productivity of the means of production.
- Develop labor standards for new product launches and work with technical team to assess feasibility and necessity for capital investments.
Judgment and Decision Making:
Decisions made by the Cell Manager can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
- : Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
- : Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant
- : The ability of the cell manager to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
- : Operation of the cell manager activities according to the standards ensure that cost to produce is aligned with the financials.
- : Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
- : Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preference for degrees in technical field or Management required. Engineering degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing management role or like industry required
- Computer Skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Statistical Analysis
- Conscientious, positive attitude, reliable, responsible and flexible
- Be self-motivated and work independently as well as in a team setting
- Organized and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to meet time commitments
- Strong attention to detail and desire to follow procedures
- Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
- Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
- Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
- Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
- Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model.
- Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.