L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
Chemist, Analytical, Clark, NJ
As a Chemist in the US Analytical department you will aid the innovation process through the accurate and timely analysis of test samples. Utilizing a variety of analytical techniques including chromatography, spectroscopy, and wet chemistry you will help the team solve complex problems. You will provide Analytical support for industry specific regulatory questions, managing multiple projects within tight time constraints. while keeping management and customers well informed of progress and timelines.
- Provide accurate analyses of new and existing products/materials for multiple projects simultaneously
- Analyze data for trends and statistical significance to provide clear experimental conclusions
- General troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Demonstrate strong technical capabilities in multiple analytical techniques
- Maintain necessary documentation in accordance with company SOPs and GMP guidelines
- Write reports and present project information to team members as necessary
- Perform general lab duties to assist the team in ensuring smooth daily lab operation
- Maintain safe, clean work area and adhere to L’Oréal’s policies and procedures.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors with 2-5 with years, Masters with 1-5 years’ experience in Analytical Chemistry; other disciplines considered with a strong analytical instrumentation focus•
- 1-3 years’ experience in the cosmetic, personal care, consumer goods, raw material supplier, or foods industries
- Strong working knowledge of several analytical techniques including various forms of spectroscopy and chromatography
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on presenting scientific data
- Organization and time management skills necessary to work on multiple projects to completion
- Exhibit strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal effectiveness
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.