For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As a Hair Care & Styling Chemist, you will lead and develop innovative hair style programs. Develop technical robust solutions with ability to create breakthrough product innovations. Ensure smooth transition of innovative products and technologies to the development laboratories. Transfer and/or develop in vitro evaluation methods to speed up the screening of Hair Style oriented technologies. Have the ability to work in a matrix reporting organization and function in a team consensus environment with local R&I and International Teams.
- Develop new Hair Style innovations and identify breakthrough technologies. Propose new technical concepts in the field of Hair Style
- Develop expertise of the Hair Style Team in Chemistry
- Work closely with Innovative Raw Materials Department, suppliers, universities to identify new raw materials and new technologies with potential benefits for Hair Style applications.
- Define patent strategy that will safeguard the formula and technology invented.
- Work closely with the labs and scale-up (DG/Pilot) to ensure smooth transition of new products and technologies.
- Communicate and present the technology of new products to the strategic committee and colleagues from different geographic locations and different categories within the company.
- Maintain good knowledge of competitor’s patent environments and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends.
- Bachelors degree in biology, chemistry, or related field is required
- Strong communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and to drive the project forward with minimum supervision. Sensitive to various cosmetic products attributes.
- 1-3 yrs experience is required
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Be able to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
- Expertise in chemistry, understanding surface-interface properties and surface characterization.
- Experience and understanding of formulation of, surfactant and emulsion systems. Hair product formulation a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share and teach in the area of expertise.
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Interacts effectively
- Displays scientific curiosity and passion for Hair Care & Styling
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.