Función Laboral: Retail - Operaciones
Tipo de contrato: Jornada Completa
Ubicación: DE - Düsseldorf
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
The Chief Retail Officer (CRO) - D/A/CH & Nordics will be reporting to the Country Manager and to the Zone/Global Chief Retail Officer.
His role will involve:
· Help the Group top management to define the Group’s retail strategy, assessing the opportunities and the risks involved.
· Help define the organization to put in place, at country level, to successfully implement the Group’s strategy.
· Work with Group HR to develop and implement a ‘retail talent’ strategy.
· Work with the Group’s key functions (Real estate, Procurement, IT, Supply chain, Finance) to implement the organization, processes and tools required to operate successfully our retail business.
· Ensure the right control systems are implemented to prevent fraud and financial risks such as extraordinary obsoletes or impairment.
· Build, animate and develop the Country retail community and share best practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
The Chief Retail Officer will help:
· Each business unit building business case, following the right opening process, and defining the right expansion pace.
· Sharing best practices and ensuring that regular post-opening evaluation and impairment tests are systematically conducted.
Real estate expertise is not specific to one division and must be shared, whether countries handle it internally or externally. In particular the Chief Retail Officer will work with the Group Retail Real Estate Director to ensure that:
· We source high quality properties and negotiate effectively.
· Lease management, including end-of-term leases are systematically strategically reviewed (renew, renegotiate or exit).
Building a store at the right cost
Implement global and regional retail procurement strategy and work with local procurement to ensure that stores are built at the right cost.
The Chief Retail Officer will ensure that clear operating processes are communicated and implemented in each store in the country, regarding the cash register, cash collection, cash float, promotions, gift cards, bank reconciliation. The first step is to implement successfully the operational and control rules, processes and tools defined in the Retail Playbook.
The Chief Retail Officer with work with Retail Supply Chain to ensure that clear operating processes, as defined in the Retail Playbook, are implemented by each division and brand, regarding: assortment, automatic replenishment, stock reception, sensitive movements, daily stock reconciliation, stock-takes, returns and destructions.
The Chief Retail Officer will work closely with HR and zone to set up the right Retail HR organization to effectively support the business with recruiting, issuing contracts, paying, providing evaluation tools, managing with employee relations issues.
Customer data and CRM
The Chief Retail Officer will ensure that:
· Store employees achieve 90%+ customer data capture and high registration to CRM and Loyalty programs. Relevant KPIs are included in Performance Dashboard.
· Store employees focus on customer satisfaction and that NPS is implemented in each branded store, with a follow-up of each dissatisfied customer
The Chief Retail Officer will lead and ensure the successful implementation of Performance and Control Dashboards in the country. In a second phase, the CRO will lead the choice and implementation of a data mining tool to further strengthen our control and analytical capabilities.
The Chief Retail Officer will work with IT to implement Group retail operating rules and tools, in particular our POS system (Mars) but also new development such as Mobile Payment.
The Chief Retail Officer will ensure that the right retail organization is implemented, with the right skills and profiles; and that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined between brands, divisions, CRO and key functions (process ownership).
Divisions and Brands responsibilities
In order to clarify responsibilities of the Chief Retail Officer at a Corporate level and of the divisions and brands, it should be noted that:
· The retail strategy and ambitions by brand are to be decided by the divisions and the brands.
· The implementation of the retail strategy by brand and by country should be in line with the division and brand distribution strategy and approved as part of the budget process.
· The operational and P&L management of retail stores is the responsibility of the division.
· A minimum 10 year retail experience, including 5 year experience in branded retail.
· Strong leadership and a cooperative working style.
· Strategic vision combined with strong operational experience of store management, including P&L.
· A solid Retail Operations background, having been directly involved in stock/cash processes and controls as well as in loss prevention.
· Experience in dealing with Retail Real Estate, from searching to negotiating;
· Fluent language skills in German and English, French is a plus.
Martin N. Janssen
Direct Sourcing Professional
L´Oréal Deutschland GmbH