Job Title: Clerk
- Shift: 2nd- Monday-Friday 2pm-10:05pm
- Function: Physical Flows
- Location: Walton, KY
- Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
Responsible for ensuring that all receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with internal and external customers as required. Control all incoming products for order accuracy. Partners with leadership team to ensure resources are distributed in the correct areas of the DC (Distribution Center) to ensure efficient operations.
- Schedule inbound freight to comply with the warehouse operations and capacities; inspect and receive all inbound freight; issue all daily, weekly, and monthly activity reports; perform daily yard checks; ensure missed receipts/loads are communicated and reasons assigned as needed
- Schedule outbound freight to comply with the warehouse operations and capacities; inspect and ship all outbound freight; issue all daily, weekly, and monthly activity reports; seals loaded containers and truck doors; perform daily yard checks; ensure missed shipments/loads are communicated and reasons assigned as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents; gather and maintain all data and records relative to receiving activities; enter data into systems; ensure that receiving counts match packing lists and purchase orders; assist in resolving any discrepancies; collect all documentation for inbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit
- Ensure the accuracy of all receiving documents; gather and maintain all data and records relative to receiving activities; enter data into systems; ensure that receiving counts match packing lists and purchase orders; assist in resolving any discrepancies; collect all documentation for inbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit
- Ensure inbound pallets are accurate and free of damage; ensure receipts contain the necessary requirements pertaining to pallet identification and paperwork; report quality variances; work with the carriers to ensure all orders arrive on the correct date
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that inventory control and security are maintained; assist in physical inventories
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area; assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse; conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety; comply with OHSA and other applicable standards; report issues and problems to management; coordinate as necessary with all other departments
- Minimum of 1 year experience in warehouse / manufacturing environment
- Efficient with Microsoft Office
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
- Must deliver outstanding results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
- Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
- Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
- Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How model.
- Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.